12

"Where are they now?" Uriel asked getting impatient. She checked her phone for the time and it was past six already. The sun had already set and Funmilayo and Salihat were yet to show up.

"Chill abeg  I called Funmi she's already inside school." Ene said as she picked up her phone to dail Funmilayo's number again.

"Sally said there's hold up but she's close to school." Daniella added making Uriel hiss frustratingly.

"Me I have project to type o. Since all these days I never finish chapter one." Uriel told her friends as laid on her bed looking at the door expectantly. It was another friday and they agreed they would shoot two videos to make up for the previous week hence they had to start early but Funmilayo and Salihat were taking forever to show up.

" you aren't the only one o." Daniella said to Uriel and chuckled. Uriel knew she was just making jest of her.

"Get out here jare, you that paid someone to do your project." Uriel threw one of her teddies at Daniella.

"But don't you think it's too much?" Ene asked referring to the amount Daniella paid to have her project written for her. Ene  and Uriel glanced at her.

"Noo, Gabriel said the amount is ok. You know he was the one that helped me get the guy." Daniella explained. Gabriel was their friends. He was first friends with Daniella, soon after he became friends with them all.

"Ok " Ene said.

"Yeah..  let me even call my Mum na my last money I use pay the guy." Daniella said and dialed her Mum's number. Daniella was on call when Funmilayo walked into the room. Daniella only glanced at her and continued making her call.

"Haba Funmi since." Uriel said frowning a little. Funmilayo smiled at her and sat beside her laying figure on the bed.

"Ene how far.." Funmilayo greeted Ene who replied with a "fine". " .. you people shouldn't be upset please. I went out with a few friends like that. I didn't know we would stay long." She explained. When she noticed Salihat hadn't showed up she said "..Obviously I'm not the last to show up."  rolling her eyes.

Ene and Uriel knew she just wanted to get a reaction out of them but they had promised not to get involved in hers and Salihat's quarrel so they just kept mute. Changing the topic Ene asked

"Which friend of yours o?" Knowing Funmilayo and her ways of referring to everyone as her friend Ene and Uriel knew she was probably just referring to some acquaintance of hers.

"Amanda and a few other course mates." Funmilayo said smiling.

"Amanda? I thought you said 'we aren't friends' the last time I saw you guys talking." Uriel quoted her words. She  looked at her with a stern expression mixed with a little concern.

"I guess we're friends now." Funmilayo said and shrugged her shoulders like it wasn't a big deal.

"Funmi why are you making friends with that babe. You know her reputation on campus!" Ene exclaimed. Funmilayo didn't like her tone so she felt a little annoyed.

"What do you mean by her reputation. Those are just rumours besides the girl is nice to me why should I be rude to her?" Funmilayo stated.  She felt cornered by her friends.

"What am I hearing you say?" Daniella asked rhetorically as she ended the call with her Mum. She had been listening to their conversation the whole time. " so even when it comes from me its rumour!  Ehn? How many times I've given that you girl's gist?" Daniella asked and looked away not expecting an answer from her.

" No one is telling you to be rude to her." Uriel clarified referring to Funmilayo's previous statement.

"Me I'm telling you to be rude sef  if that's what it takes for her to stop being nice to you." Daniella said and Funmilayo rolled her eyes.