💢 || Behind The Limelight (Jumin x MC)

Title: Behind The Limelight

Pairing: Jumin x MC

Rating: M

Summary: An insider view of Korea's most controversial couple. How do they spend their lives outside the limelight?

Warning(s): Sexual content, Cursing

Tags: Angst, Horror, TW:Abuse, domestic abuse, dubious consent, dubcon, this is just a mess, i am balls deep in mysmes hell, this gave me nightmares what the fuck, what is this ???, i spent nights researching, jumin han is one scary man

Word Count: 2,622

Note: Please read the tags before reading. I have combined a character analysis with a fic on this one. In my writings, Jumin is a dichotomy. One part of him (I would call the best case scenario) where he has a healthy relationship with MC. In the second part (the worst-case scenario/the most realistic scenario) he is emotionally and mentally abusive towards MC.

-

Marrying the Jumin Han seemed like a dream. It was like a Cinderella story coming true. All of a sudden (Y/N)(L/N) went from rags to riches. - Her old middle class life was suddenly changed. It felt like a new world for her.

Her life changed in a snap. - Fame and success came overnight. The press is always around her, looking out for her latest move. Tabloids containing pictures of her OOTDs, her media and charity appearances, and praises for her.

She has everything she can ever ask for. - The diamond cartier and Tiffany jewels, the designer clothes, makeup and handbags, the expensive vacations, a luxury penthouse, the private getaway islands, winery, the finest cuisine! All that without moving a single fing- Holy shit! This is life!

A life where she doesn't have to work a day for all that. All she needs to do is just ask. She has a life many young women dream and envy.

All that with just marrying Jumin Han! - She catched a big fish, willing to give her everything her heart ever desired.

But that is only what an average Korean citizen knows. - It's barely scratching the surface.

Every interview, (Y/N) always smiles. Albeit fake, but she smiles. Nobody knows what is hiding behind her sweet smile, but everyone knows she is in danger by the look in her eyes.

"What is Jumin like outside of the press? You know, more personal?" Seulgi, an interviewer, spoke to her. - She froze at the question.

She wanted right there to just yell and say the truth that their marriage is less than beautiful. So far away from the dream Cinderella story Jumin showed the press.

"Jumin... he's just like in the press. He is a loving and caring husband. He is always worried about my safety." She answered, looking at Jumin with a reassuring smile, holding his hand tightly as she looked back into the audience.

Couples look at each other with love. - (Y/N) looks at Jumin with unshakable fear. Furthermore, the way she holds on to Jumin's strong arms, shows desperation.

Despite being provided with the finer things in life, it seemed like she was fearful, afraid. - Heck! She's a fool for thinking true love with Jumin Han exists.

Her responses were calculated. - She was scared for her dear life because of what her husband is capable of.

"Do you like the dress I bought you? It came from the runway... I thought of you immediately as soon as I saw it on the model." He said to her as he opened the gift and held up the dress to her.

Despite all the expensive gifts Jumin gave her, no material thing can make up for his horrible, unforgivable actions that she cannot even believe that she had experienced nor forgiven.