The Next Morning

At 6.30am in the morning there came a knock on the door. Tails went to answer it and standing outside the door was Sonic all coved in blood looking very worried. Tails was a bit grossed out about the blood but in away kind of knew it as well.

“Hey Tails” Sonic said quietly.

“Hi Sonic.”

Shadow and Knuckles came down and they saw Tails talking to Sonic.

“Wow that’s a lot of blood” said Knuckles.

Sonic gave Knuckles an angry but worried look.

“Come on Sonic go and get cleaned up then we’ll fill you in on what’s been going on” said Tails before leading his big brother over to the bathroom.

After Sonic was all clean from the blood, he and his friends went to go sit in the living room.

“Sonic you and Shadow are, are” said Tails struggling to say the final word.

“What is it little bro?” Sonic asked his little buddy.

“Are werewolves.”

Sonic was shocked at what his little buddy answer. But then he thought about it and then remembered the pain that happened last night before he didn’t know what he was doing.

“So I killed” he asked in a really cornered voice now.

“Well you don’t know that for sure” said Tails.

“Come on let’s see what the news has to say” said Knuckles while grabbing the remote.

“Hello and welcome to the news I’m Lucy Loiles and today on the news there have been no killings last night.” This had got everyone wondering, is this beast gone or is it hiding waiting for its next victim. I’m Lucy Loiles and this is sky news.

Knuckles turned the TV off before speaking. “Well that’s good, we must have been too far into the forest for Sonic to get anywhere near the city.”

This made Sonic feel a little better, but he still couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Wait how did Shadow become one?” he asked Tails.  

“Oh you bit him last night, when you turned, you went against us and nearly kill us, but luckily Shadow had his chaos emerald, so he got us all out in time.”

This made Sonic get up and walked out the room.

“I’ll go talk to him” said Shadow. “After all it won’t be easy living like this, I can tell just by seeing how Sonic is reacting to all of it.” Tails and Knuckles nodded before Shadow was out the room.

Shadow went upstairs to find Sonic sitting on his bed in his room with his head in his hands.

“What am I supposed to do now Shads” said Sonic knowing that Shadow was only standing a couple feet away from him. “I ruined our lives just because of that stupide werewolf.”

Shadow went to sit next to his mate. “Don’t beat yourself up about it Sonic, it’s not your fault that beast was in the forest at the time, doesn’t matter now, we are what we are.”

“Yeah but we kill” said Sonic looking up at Shadow for the first time.  

“I know and I don’t want to do it as much as you do, but that’s something we’re going to have to deal with.”

Sonic didn’t look at all amused.

Shadow didn’t say anything after that he just left Sonic on his own for a while. When Shadow got down stairs he saw Tails and Knuckles looking online, seeing if they’d missed anything. Shadow came and joined them.

“How is he?” Tails asked.

“Just give him some time.” Tails nodded before looking back at his computer.

Night fell over station square and Tails, Shadow and Knuckles were watching the news again. “There has been citing’s of a dark blue werewolf hunting in the forest last night” said the reporter on the TV. “This werewolf has been court on tape eating loses of wild animals.”

“Well that explains where all that blood came from” said Knuckles looking at the hedgehog and fox, who both nodded.

“A price of 1’000 pounds has been set for anyone that can catch these beasts, or even tell us who these creatures are or where they came from.

This made Shadow turned the TV off. “Great, now something else to worry about.”

“Calm down Shadow, Sonic is already having a hard time with all of this, don’t make it any harder than it already is” said Tails.

“It alright I heard the whole thing from upstairs” said a voice coming from behind the three.  

They looked round to see Sonic standing on the every last step.

“Oh right I forgot you guys could hear long distances.”

Sonic gave a little smile, but it wasn’t there for long. He went into the kitchen and grabbed a chilidog. Then Tails came in. “Are you alright Sonic?”

The blue hedgehog didn’t say anything he just smile at his little buddy and grabbed a chilidog for him as well.

They both went back into the living room where Shadow and Knuckles were and they all watch the rest of the news before they all went to bed. Sonic couldn’t sleep. His mind was too focused on living a life as a werewolf.