chapter 2

Sun shining on his soft honey blonde strands of hair , and him frowning at thin space, his sky blue eyes were on darker shade than usual, he looked so focused on something... Something she never knew.

Jinx P.O.V

Seeing the gorgeous guys half naked under the familiar tree we always sit under had my heart skip a beat , his back muscles were tensed at whatever he was thinking of , even though he was frowning his charm wouldn't get any less , gosh he was sexier if I was to say !!

I hated how he was thinking about something so focused that he didn't sense me coming, he always did even if I was 10 miles afar...
I brushed it off quickly when I realized that's it's a perfect opportunity to startle him , thinking back, i never succeeded in doing so.

I walked carefully not making any sounds, quiet enough so his heightened hearing couldn't sense me... And then , I jumped at him!!! Yelling on the process "DYLAN!!"
For the first time on ages I saw that satisfying expression on his face, 'so that's how to feels to startle you lover' I thought .

His startled face quickly turned to a huge grin and opened his arms inviting me to cuddle, I would never reject that , his cuddles are so warm and comforting, I easily forgot my hard days just from his touch, even if it only lasted for few seconds.

He kissed my forehead gently, while still holding me and said " hey sunshine~"  I felt my cheeks get redder at the statement and pushed myself harder into his muscly chest so he couldn't see my embarrassed expression,

" you're the sunshine Dylan, just look at how blinding your godly beauty is..! " I said, still blushing. I wasn't lying damn he's a god !!!

he chuckled loudly at my statement and just hugged me harder. I nearly chocked so he loosened his grip quickly.

After a few minutes passed, I remember the look he wore on his face when he was under the tree , so I asked since I'm not really good in hiding my curiosity,

"Why were you frowning earlier? You looked so focused on whatever you were thinking of, tell me..." I said , and he immediately stiffened, "nothing much" his voice coming cracked , that worried me so I turned facing him and extended my hand to his cheeks caressing softly, "tell me Dylan." I said in low voice barely a whisper.

" It's your 18th birthday"  he said in a sad tone , I looked at him confused, and he definitely sensed it as he continued, "it means you'll find your mate" 

and that's when I got a heavy feeling on my heart , I loved Dylan and so did he , and the fact that he's the next alpha of our pack " crimson Rose pack " means that he would never get paired up with a hybrid like me , and the thought of that hurt me more than anything.

What if he finds his mate on the next blood moon?
What if he forgets about me after he finds the lucky girl?

These thoughts kept running on my head and I couldn't stop the hurt that followed.

Since I haven't introduced him properly, Dylan is the next alpha , he has honey blond hair and piercing sky blue eyes which coincidentally changes color , he's tall , like so tall !! I'm 5'5'' and he's 6'2 !! He has an incredibly sexy body with glorious 8 packs , he's not too skinny , he had a perfectly shaped body ,just like that flawless beauty of his face . 

he's 20 years old , and he hasn't found his mate yet , quite strange for an alpha since he's supposed to get the title when he's 18 , so the lack of a mate has postponed it.

Suddenly a unsettled look and slight hurt? on his face drew me out of my thoughts. "What if you find your mate?" He said, with the saddest expression I ever saw on his face.
I was shocked at that , why would he talk about that? I'm not even sure if I will shift let alone finding my mate , but it's different for him , he's a pureblood werewolf , he most definitely has one out there , he's so nice after all...

"Rather than reminding me of that , what if you'll find yours , I'm sure she'd way nicer and prettier than me... I'm not even sure if I'll shift "

This year maybe his lucky year , the year he finds his mate.

He looked taken aback with what I said and squeezed me harder for some reason, he looked directly on my eyes , deep in thought with saddened expression , but before he could say anything the bell rang indicating the end of lunch break and that's when I remember that I haven't eaten anything , I hurriedly got away from him and stuffed my face with sandwiches and ran back to the classroom after waving goodbye.

                   ———☕︎———

While running up the stairs she couldn't brush off the feeling that she has missed something very important when she left Dylan down there...
'What could it be?' She wondered .