chapter 5

The black haired girl was running,  her hair swaying with every move she took, her clothes were getting teared apart as she went through the forest bumping on the tree branches while running barefoot, trembling and her teeth shaking from the cold weather.
Her foot getting scratched and even blood dripping from them but she's still not paying attention and running for her dear life. Chasing towards her were a piercing golden eyes forcing submission onto her soul , it was a large black wolf taller than a horse , long scary looking canines were barren and saliva dropping from his mouth , ready to bite her till her body goes numb.
Everytime the girl turns back to the wolf the more she runs.
After a long time, her adrenaline rush dies down and she feels herself slowing down, or is the monster who increased his speed?
Nonetheless she doesn't stop until the wolf lounged at her and pinned her down on the filthy forest mud .
He growled at her face and descended his canines to her neck ripping flesh outta it, and that piercing burning painwas what pulled her from the dream land into the real world breathing heavily and her heart beating so fast that it could come out.

She woke up sweat all over her forehead soaking her entangled black hair , her chest moving up and down and her throat feeling dry from all the sudden breathing, and amidst that all she finds herself lying on Dylan's lap, who was staring at her worry filling his eyes , holding and rubbing cycles on the back of her hands to soothe her while telling her that everything's okay and there's no need to be afraid since it was all a mere bad dream,

She wanted to quickly tell him what she saw , but she opened her mouth and nothing came out, her throat too dry to release any sound .

He was quick to notice and reached for the water on her pearly white nightstand.
He hurriedly poured water on the glass and handed it to her, helping her as she drank it all.

Feeling her throat back at working she quickly started blabbering:

"Dylan!!! Black!! Wolf!! Chasing!! Canines!!my neck!!!in the forest!!!"

As much as he tried to process the information he still couldn't understand , "calm down lily sweetheart, I couldn't understand anything"
He caressed my cheek gently and continued " breath in and out until you feel calm enough to tell me"
he said softly while he plays with her hair in order to calm her.

Her heartbeat slowly went back to normal, then she snuggled into Dylan for more comfort and started
"I was being chased in the forest by a real HUGE BLACK WOLF!! He kept chasing after me no matter how far I got he kept on my tail!! He wanted to kill me !! He tried biting me in my neck!!  He was so scary Dylan! He was even bigger than alpha Dominic!  (crimson rose pack's current alpha and Dylan's father) " I exclaimed,

his eyes flashed with recognizing, but he quickly brushed it off and tightened his grip on me ,

"oh sweetie, don't worry about that it's just a bad dream, don't pay it much attention"
then he pulled away and locked his blue eyes with mine ,
" how about I take you for a date today to lighten up your mood huh? You've been down since yesterday"

he smiled then he turned serious
" oh by the way, how come I woke up in your bed? I remember falling asleep by your door. And where did you leave yesterday? After leaving me searching the whole forest for you uselessly since you hid your scent before you left huh?"

Jinx gulped , remembering all the events that accured yesterday, and shifted her eyes away from his.

"I was just sad and went around to calm down you know, I've always looked forward for shifting and didn't get it so I just wanted to stay alone for sometime, I also slept in the woods for some time and came back at 3 or 4 at morning since it got chilly outside, when I came back I saw you by the door in an uncomfortable position so I got you inside hehe"

Yes , she lied to him even though they promised each other to never lie , but White lies don't count right?
She can't possibly tell him that she tried suiciding yesterday right?

Trying to change the subject she quickly said " and staying alone didn't do me any good, I missed you, I'll be so happy to go on a date with you babe" and leaned on him, standing on her tiptoes while pulling him by the tee , pecking his lips.

Dylan's eyes widened at shock! This was their first kiss ever!

Jinx has always been keen on saving herself to her mate , but now she finally accepted him!

It took him a few seconds to kiss back, but to his unluckiness, she pulled away right after. Blushing heavily.
She quickly turned away her gaze, and hid her face in her hands,

Yes Dylan was upset... But having kissed his mate just now ok is enough for him to keep smiling for eternity.

Enjoying the view of her embarrassment, he thought of luring her for another kiss by acting sweetly, but he wanted to try different thing this time, he has always been a softie towards her , but it's time for a little surprise by acting naughty..!

He quickly thought up a wicked plan to win that kiss,but to his surprise, he suddenly pushed a vase with his right arm , which was aiming at Jinx's sides to tickle her.

He stood up from the shock and so did Jinx ,

He wore an afraid look for breaking the vase, and he became stiff, searching everywhere for something to clean this mess up, then he remembered where the tools were hidden at .

He quickly got up after instructing jinx to stay in the bed so she wouldn't hurt herself.
After calming down a bit from  the bold action she did few minutes ago ,

the Still blushing jinx said :
"stupid, i can take care of it with magic, don't tired yourself in doing such things".

he then just went and brought her the older magic book she received when she was 6, it had basic spells like cleaning and drying and many other simple but convenient spells.

She breathed in and said "instaurabo" and in few seconds the vase was repaired.

Dylan stood amazed as always, unlike other werewolves who hated witches and their magic, he was always curious about the special abilities and spells! Don't get me wrong, he still has a frown when seeing mom or other witches but he still likes magic !

No matter how many times he sees it it always amazes him.

Remembering what he said to lift up her mood , held her hand.
Dylan still sad for not getting another kiss said with a pouty face " just hurry and wash up! I'll take you to Poppy's diner for breakfast"

at the end he smiled as Jinx's complexion lighten up at the mention of food.

She quickly nodded her head and hugged him , leaving fast before he changed his mind and spent the day cuddling instead watching Netflix and probably thinking of another way to win a kiss.

He chuckled and went to his own house to get ready too .

It's going to be a long , nice, day...

Hopefully he'll get his reward right?