chapter 7

Dylan POV:

It was one of the most peaceful sleep I've had in the recent days , ever since Lily started worrying about mates and her first shift .

She suddenly became kind of distant, not sleeping together anymore or no dates in crowded places and all, Saying she's better off behaving.

she was anxious that her mate will reject her because she's having a boyfriend... On top of being a half-breed.

But who are we fooling?
How can her mate get angry while he's the one sleeping with her and taking her on all those dates?

Yes.. I'm her mate...

I've known it the moment my eyes landed on her two years ago when I came back from my alpha training.

I still remember how her beautiful blue eyes wondered with confusion when I protected her , when I caught a bunch of guys harassing her in a dark path in the woods , I still remember the anger I felt then , when  a fool looking boy was grabbing her waist , he got his lesson shortly after which turned his tanned skin blue and purple for at least 3 weeks despite his werewolf healing....

Satisfaction.

I still remember how she responded weirdly every time I reached for her touch on the first months of meeting her two years ago.

not as the small cheery Dylan from childhood, but the soon-to-be alpha of the pack .

But eventually she became more relaxed with having me around.

I remember how her cheeks flashed red when I asked her out for the first time, and how her eyes watered from happiness .

A priceless memory...

It was painful for me to watch her run away from the birthday party yesterday,

it was even more painful when she couldn't feel or realize that I'm her mate,

I was so worried and angry at everything when I couldn't even find her , I can't believe she hid her presence so perfectly , with the intention of  no one ever finding her

Even her worried mate ...

I felt sick on my stomach, knowing that she's probably up to no good at the woods alone , specially after not being able to shift and find ME , her mate.

while it was her biggest dream for as long as I remember...

Mate... My poor mate ...

I suddenly hate my own goddess for not granting her the most simple thing in a werewolf , her wolf , my mate's wolf ...

It breaks me down how she couldn't feel those strong electric Sparks of touching her mate, or the feel of safety and love at my arms... Or the strong possessiveness of what's hers , instead of getting jealous at every girl eyeing me from afar, and feeling dejected and unworthy of being mine,

Little does she know that My wolf is always on edge whenever she's near us ,  always wanting to sink those fangs onto her claiming her as ours , and forcing everyone out there to kneel before her showing her the respect she's always deserved.

The only thing keeping me from doing that is the respect I have for her , I could never force her to do something she doesn't want .

I'm suddenly yanked out if my thoughts, when I hear slight wimpering coming from besides me .

Without wondering who is it since the Sparks says it all , it's my lily , probably having a nightmare.

I hurriedly get up , looking at my lily drenching in sweat , her chest beating wildly and her breath coming out uneven.