twelve

the whole day during school y/n was so excited about going to watch the sunset with the sunghoon.

she hoped it would be just as fun as it was when they went stargazing.

y/n loved doing things with sunghoon, he was her best friend, and she was his.

everytime she was with him, she felt free and like she could be herself. she could talk to him about anything, and she was so grateful for that.

the final bell rang, signaling it was time for school to be let out.

y/n ran out of the classroom, bumping into people, and not caring.

but someone grabbed her arm.

she looked up, it was jungwon.

"y/n, can we talk?" he asked, and you could see the pain in his eyes.

she scoffed, "why do you have that look in your eyes? you hurt me. and no, we can't talk, i'm busy."

"with sunghoon?" he questioned.

"yeah," she looked at him, if looks could kill, jungwon would be dead on the spot. "sunghoon actually cares about my feelings."

"hey, i never said i didn't care about you," he exclaimed.

"oh, shut up, jungwon!" she yelled, jungwon standing there.

"god, i'm so tired of you! just leave me alone! i'm done trying to be with you, i don't care about you anymore!" she told him.

"don't say that, y/n." he said, tears filling his eyes.

she could see the tears in his eyes, "now you know how it feels," and she walked off.

she walked to the front of the school, and sat on one of the benches, waiting for sunghoon.

after a few minutes, sunghoon still hadn't showed.

y/n: hey.. where are you?

delivered.

30 minutes passed, and he still hadn't showed.

"maybe a few more minutes," she said to herself, not giving up on him.

but finally, an hour passed.

he really didn't show.

the sun was already setting, and y/n sighed.

"i want coffee," she said.

as she was walking to the cafe, she couldn't believe sunghoon didn't show, he could have given her a heads up.

she walked in the cafe, and there he was.

with a girl.

that was it. that's why he didn't show. she wanted to cry right then and there, this couldn't be happening again.

sunghoon was smiling, and talking with the girl.

but he looked up for a moment, then seeing y/n.

"shit," he said under his breath, forgetting about their plans together.

y/n ran out of the cafe, running to the nearest place to get away from him. she was crying, tears falling down her face. y/n  was having major deja vu. first jungwon, and now sunghoon.

why was he with that girl? who was she to him? was she overreacting?

she didn't know, but she was still upset.

it started raining.

y/n looked up at the sky, it wasn't supposed to be raining today.

"y/n!" sunghoon yelled.

she turned around, seeing sunghoon, the rain getting him and his clothes wet.

"it's not what you think," he told her.

"who is she?" y/n questioned.

he gulped, "my old girlfriend."

"are you still in love with her?" she asked him another question.

he stood there, not answering the question.

"are you joking me, sunghoon?" she yelled, clearly angry.

"you led me on this entire time, thinking that you loved me, or at least had feelings for me!" she screamed at him, "i told you everything! i trusted you! you're no better than jungwon, i hate you!" she said, crying and screaming. she was filled with so many emotions. betrayal, anger, and sadness.

he was crying with her, "y/n don't say that, i do love you!"

she scoffed, the tears still falling, but blending in with the rain, "no, you don't."

he came closer to her, grabbing her hands, "i do."

"you know, i don't even know why i'm so upset, sunghoon. it's not like we're dating or anything. but i do know something, whatever this was," she looked up at him, "it's done, ruined." she jerked her hands away.

she turned around and started walking away, "good luck at your competition," she said.

sunghoon couldn't stop the tears from coming out his eyes.

he watched her figure fade into the distance.

he messed up, he did the one thing he told her he wouldn't.

—————

y/n opened her front door, hearing music from the kitchen, her mom was probably cooking.

"y/n? honey, is that you?" mrs. kim yelled from the kitchen.

no response.

her mom walked to the to front door, only to find y/n sitting down, head in her knees, sobbing quietly.

her mom got down immediately and started hugging her.

"sweetie what's wrong?" she asked her daughter.

y/n continued crying, "why do all the worst things happen to me?"

—————

HEY YALL SORRY I DID THAT TO YOU GUYS I JUST WANTED TO SPICE THINGS UP A BIT! DONT HATE ME I PROMISE IT WILL GET BETTER.. MAYBE..