Ellie - Shake that!

Ellie had both of her feet on the centre table, her PS4 controller on her hand and an open notebook beside her. She had been journaling, writing about her growing friendships and her hopes. She had also drawn Aku Aku on half of a page. But right now she was kicking ass in Crash Bandicoot and she kinda wished Joel was already home to see it.

Her phone lit up on the couch beside her and she paused the game to check it.

'What are you wearing on Saturday?' She knew Dina's message had nothing behind it, but it still made her blush. So fucking stupid.

She walked to the mirror and took a picture, showing her black jeans and her flannel. She positioned the phone so Dina couldn't see her pink cheeks and sent it.

Dina: Wtf Ellie

Dina: you know you're supposed to dress up

Dina: like a monster of whatever

Dina: Jack Skellington

Dina: Bonnie said she would be Bob Ross

Dina: its Halloween

Ellie: i know

Ellie: that's my costume

Dina: ...

Dina: wtf

Dina: what is it?

Ellie: i'm the only girl that survives in those bad horror movies

Dina: ...

Dina: wtf Ellie

Dina: you're not serious

Ellie: i'm not serious

Dina: thank god

Ellie: i'm Ellie

Dina: fuck you

Dina: we have to come up with something GOOD

Ellie: fiiiine

Ellie: i'll try

She had no idea what she should wear. Maybe she should ask Joel for an idea. Maybe she could make an Aku Aku mask and wear a black hoodie. She would never dress herself as Dr. Daniela Star, and the other characters from Savage Starlight didn't really have an easy cosplay design. Not she would dress like them either.

Dina will kill her.

When Dina texted her on Saturday asking if she was ready, Ellie just braced herself. She was wearing black jeans and a black hoodie and her converse as she waited for Dina in front of a convenience store, sipping on a coke.

Ellie was sitting on the curb, the soda can beside her and her forearms on top of her knees. She let her chin rest on her arms, music playing on her earbuds as she waited. And wondered why the fuck she was going out.

Even Joel looked surprised, but he gave her a small smile and told her to be responsible.

Right.

An Audi slowed down and stopped in front of her. And then the window rolled down and she saw Dina and Lucas inside.

"What are you waiting for, dementor?" Dina yelled at her, laughing. Ellie flipped her, throwing the can on the trash and entering the car.

Dina was wearing light blue pants and a crop top of the same colour. She'd put her hair in a low ponytail and had some golden jewelry on her ears and around her neck.

"Are you Jasmine?" she asked, impressed. She was gorgeous. Dina flashed her a smug grin, nodding. "That's a good one."

"What are you?" Lucas asked, turning around so he could look at her. He was only wearing trousers and a nice dress shirt with a striped tie, so she couldn't figure out his costume. What was he, Ace Attorney?