Ellie - Am I someone you cannot live without?

It wasn't getting warm fast enough.

Ski season was from November until April, which meant it was fucking cold and snowing for almost half of the year. And it was annoying to see everyday the same light grey sky as she walked to school.

She was glad no one had asked her about Jordan since their little quarry in the corridor, and she was glad no one had ratted them out. Apparently Mr. Figgins was a bit too slow on his feet and there was no one there when he arrived and the school had no proof her bruise wasn't from a fall.

Where all the other teachers were she didn't know, but she was glad they weren't there.

Now they would only exchange death-glares everytime they crossed paths or Ellie had to wait for Jesse's practice to finish so they could hang out or study math. Ellie had a feeling, though, he was asking her to fight somewhere outside the school, just the two of them.

Did she want to? Yes. Would she? Probably not.

Yara seemed in peace now too, which was good. She was a freshman, so Ellie only saw her on the hallways, but no one bothered her anymore, and she was actually walking with two other girls.

Her relationship with Cat was kind of weird, though. They weren't dating, but they weren't just friends. They would kiss sometimes when Ellie went over, and it sometimes became a full make out session that would usually end with them finishing up Ellie's tattoo design.

It was pretty cool, if Ellie could say so herself. It had her moth, now shaded on the wings and on its body and two sets of leaves behind. One white and the other had its tiny leaves colored in. It was awesome and beautiful and she couldn't wait to get it tattooed on her forearm.

"What you thinking so hard?" Dina asked her, bringing her attention back to the notebooks open on the table.

They had been studying in the library since Dina had finished her track practice and Ellie was back from kickboxing. But she was tired from the physical exercise, and her mind actually felt sluggish, even for math.

"Nothing important," she answered, scratching the back of her neck.

Dina didn't look very focused on their textbooks either, and she yawned. "I can't do this anymore, wanna grab a coffee?"

"Coffee? Ew, no, that's disgusting," she said, even though she was putting her stuff in her backpack and Dina rolled her eyes at her.

"I know, let's go."

They walked in silence and as they walked through the salted pavement, Ellie couldn't help but remember the night after Christmas, when they'd talked on the curb at the convenience store. Ellie didn't even know why she had opened up to Dina, but the words fell easily from her lips, like Dina was meant to hear them.

Dina's genuine eyes, her head on her shoulder, how she'd stayed and opened up. Their friendship had grown deeper since then, and it kept Ellie's heart full. After everything that happened with Leah and Nora at the other school, she was happy she'd found friends here.

"You know Jesse and I are dating, right?" Dina blurted out as they approached the café. It took her a lot of willpower not to roll her eyes at that, because everyone knew.

Ellie hadn't been surprised when they started, because she knew Jesse liked Dina for a long time, and she'd heard Bonnie nagging them about dating for weeks after the holidays.

"Yeah?" Dina bit her lip, looking at her from the corner of her eye.

"But I don't know if things are gonna work out," she said, voice quiet. It seemed like she'd been thinking about this, because there was some sort of confusion behind her eyes, like she was trying to figure something out.