chapter 14: the heartbreak

He was doomed. Wait he felt something, he was slowing down. His eyes were still shut tight from being scared but he opened them slowly curious as to what was happening. He WAS slowly getting higher now and he looked over to the island Rey was on only to see her lifting out both of her hands pulling him back up. Somehow he heard her say please don't fall, please don't fall, please don't fall. They were hundreds of feet away how could he hear her all the way across the island. He didn't have time to concern that right now, he had a bet to win and he started focusing and he helped lift himself up too. There was one minute left on the watch, he reached do he top and Rey had left him where he started off. He grabbed a hold of the rocks and looked over to where Rey was standing, but he saw her lie down on the grass. He slowly whispered "Thank you".

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGG

He had not made it to the top in time. But on the bright side at least he wasn't dead, and know he can focus on finding his kyber crystal in the krystal cave. He had immediately felt a pull towards the dark, damp cave. He ran in really regretting not asking for a flashlight, but he felt his crystal somewhere near the front left of the cave. At least he didn't have to crawl down on his knees like Bellan did. He felt it right below his hand, and he yanked it out of its place in the rocks. He did it, he found it. He couldn't tell what color it was specifically but it was definitely a darker color then bright red so that was good, he thought. Ben started his approach down the mountain, it was much easier going down then up.

---

Rey was still really tired from lifting Ben up 100 feet away from his death. She continued to lay on the floor but still very pleased with herself that she had won the bet fairly. She was about to try to get up and walk but she heard something say thank you to her. It was Ben, she heard Ben whispering to her all the way from another mountain. She convinced herself that it was all in her head, that she only wanted to be thanked so she heard the voice of Ben Solo, that it wasn't actually Ben thanking her. Again when she tried to get up she couldnt, she needed some rest.

---

When Ben realised he had to swim back he was not happy. He took off his shoes, jacket, and Cape and walked in the water. He saw Rey turning over and slowly trying to sit up. Rey was feeling a lot better after getting a couple minutes to rest she found the strength to stand on her feet. She walked over to where the small amount of sand met the water. She dipped her feet in but the water did not stay shallow for long, one step the waters up to your knees and another your head. Rey was intimidated by the water, she only dared to put her legs in as she saw Ben getting closer and closer to shore. Once he had been able to stand in the sand he approached Rey sitting with her eyes closed, meditating. He was going to try to sneak up on her but she quickly said "hello Mr. Mini Darth vader. Was your trip productive, did you find your kyber crystal" she asked while keeping her eyes closed. Ben didn't reply but she stood to her feet not on her own but she was forced to. Ben was dragging her deeper into the water, she was terrified, she wasn't sure what he was going to do. He grabbed her shoulders and leaned in to kiss her. She was suprised  but she didnt pull away, she thought he was going to push her in or something like that. When Ben backed away he whispered "this is payback". Rey knew what he was going to do but she had absolutely no time to get away. And with a slight shove he had pushed her in the water, her arms flailing as she was screaming for help. Ben hadn't realised what he had done until after he heard the fear in her voice. He moved and grabbed her arms pulling her back to a safer place to stand on the sandy floor. She was coughing a little bit and Ben had felt terrible for what he had did. Once Rey stopped coughing she softly said "I never l-learned how t-to swim". "I'm sorry I didn't know, with you living on an island for 5 years I thought you knew. Since you don't know how about I teach you how to swim, it might be the only thing I can teach you." Rey was hesitant at first, being a desert rat scavenger learning how to swim seemed pretty impossihle. But in the end she ended up agreeing with him and Ben began teaching.

---

Finn was amazed by how good of a shooter Rey is, even if every time he tells her this she tries to tell him she's only good because of the force. Finn was eager to speak with Rey, she always made him happy. When he reached Rey's hut he knocked on the door but no one answered. He tried knocking again, but louder and still no answer. Now Finn was worried about her. So he opened the unlocked door and called out to her but no answer and she was no where to be found in her hut. He left the hut and went to go see if Chewie had seen her. He forgot he didn't speak wookiee so he's not entirely sure what he said but he's pretty sure that he hadn't seen Rey. Then he left to go see Poe in his hut. Poe had told Finn he was positive she would be checking on Ben at some mountain to see if he had won or not. "Honestly I REALLY want to see him get punched repeatedly." Said Poe smirking. "Oh by the way Zorii said that she's coming down for a couple of days and was wondering if you'd be okay if she brought over Rose with her." Finn had very mixed emotions about Rose and Rey. Rey was Finn's first friend, and he deeply loved her, but now she's a jedi and he still wasn't sure what was going on between her and Ben. Rose on the other hand clearly loves Finn and he cares for her to but can he love her the same way he loves Rey. "Uhh hello Finn, buddy you there?? Are you okay if rose comes with Zorii." Finn had decided it would be best if he could get to know Rose better so he nodded to Poe and left to continue his search for Rey. He remembered what mountain Bellan had climbed when she was making her saber, so he immediately ran towards that one. But when he got over the hill he saw something he could never unsee. She saw his love kissing his former enemy. When he witnessed that a part of him died right then. He barely found the strength to walk away.