chapter 16: the threat

He was amazed when he saw his saber light up. His light saber was made of a dark grey crystal that gave a pretty light glow. His saber seemed really heavy and the blade was super thick. It never occurred to him at the time but his saber had 2 different buttons to push. He told the girls to back away from him because he didn't know what would happen. When he pressed the button he was amazed again when he saw the thick blade fall down and divide into 2. His saber was the coolest he has ever seen, but it did look very familiar. Rey dashed out of the kitchen and into her bedroom. She came out holding her saber and she powered it on. Hers was the exact opposite of his saber yet it was also the same. Hers had a lightish grey blade that gave off a dark glow and her base was black and dark grey. Her saber base however was the same format with 2 buttons, she had never noticed that second button either. She had always felt her saber was quite heavy, she pressed the other button and her saber divided to.

---

Just as the 3 were about to discuss, Poe and Finn had burst through the door they were already talking about something. Rey thought she heard Roses name but wasn't sure. When Poe and Finn looked up they saw light sabers out. Poe who was now very annoyed and said "can't we have ONE normal meal where we don't hold glowy death swords to each others throats. Especially you Ben, if you scare us hard enough we will shoot you." On that note Finn broke the silence that came shortly after by saying "How are you all today?" Rey smiled at him trying to forget what had happened last night. Rey kept thinking to herself over and over again "he didn't mean it, he didn't mean it, he loves you as a sister, he loves you as a sister" but she felt weird when she was saying it in her head, like somehow someone could still here her.

---

"Especially you Ben, if you scare us hard enough we will shoot you" normally Ben would feel good being feared, but for some reason that struck him straight in the heart. Knowing Poe and even Finn didn't completely trust him pained him, he was done being Kylo Ren why did they still not trust him. He's thoughts brushed away as he heard whispers through his head "he didn't mean it, he didn't mean it, he loves you as a sister, he loves you as a sister". That voice sounded a little like Rey, he glanced over at her. She was crossing her fingers and sitting next to Bellan and me. Could she hear everything he was thinking. He decided to test this theory he kept trying to keep his attention on Rey as he was thinking about flat cakes and how delicious they looked.

---

Rey was deep in her train of thought when she heard whispers again like the time she heard "thank you" on the hill during Ben's adventure on the mountain. This time she was positive it was Ben's voice, suddenly she was craving flat cakes again. She quickly dived into her breakfast, looking over at Ben. He looked so happy for some reason, "what is it" she asked with her mouth stuffed with flat cake. "Ask me again later" he replied in a very cheery voice.

---

When they finished breakfast Bellan, Rey, and Ben went outside to start sparring practice, with they're new sabers. Poe and Chewie joined them today because they were practicing dodging and firing back shots. Rey grabbed her saber and powered it on. "Umm rey aren't you for getting something" Bellan said referring to her saber. Rey pressed the bottom button and her saber became 2. Poe started firing shots at her and then Bellan powered her saber on and started dodging Chewie's shots like nothing. Rey was doing great until she scarred herself with her double-bladed light saber she fell to the ground holding her arm. Poe stopped firing immediately but 3 shots have already escaped his blaster before he noticed what was happening. Ben grabbed Bellan's saber and blocked the 3 shots Bellan dodged Chewie's shots and ran over to wrap her silk vest around her bleeding wound. Rey had used the last of the bandages on Ben when he wasn't feeling well, so all they had was their clothes to soak up blood. Poe and Chewie ran over and dropped their weapons, they helped Rey to their feet as Ben powered off her light saber. "I'm okay, don't worry about me" Rey told them, even though she knew she was not fine. She needed alcohol to put on it and more bandages, the blood from her arm was already starting to soak through the vest. Poe and Bellan helped her to the hut. She was okay to walk but the loss of blood was making her dizzy. Ben ran ahead to open the door for them and poured Rey a nice glass of water. Once they got in they laid Rey on her bed and gave her the water, with a little rest she would be back on her feet in no time.