chapter 33: the army of the Republic

4 minutes had passed by in silence, Finn, Poe and all the others had been waiting outside. Bellan, Ben, Rey, and Rose had been invited to the chancellor's pod, so they were all sitting quitly, trying to look respectaable. All except for Bellan who was wiggling in and out of her seat. Finally the Chancellor had gotten up and moved towards the micrphone. "Humble senators, I am proud to present these very important results. With a vote of 1,094 to 432, we will create a grand army of the Republic. Emperor Palpatine is in charge of their fleet, it is clear tuere is no need to declare anything. The war had begun with the death of a single soul, the single ewok. Anyone who would like to volunteer to donate or participate in the war please see master Rey Skywalker or master Ben Solo. Thank you, dismissed!" exclaimed the chancellor. Everyone stood up cheering loudly, and soon after walked away. Ben led Rey to an area he had known about since he was a little boy. Corosaunt might have been the fullest and busiest planet to ever exist. But there was only one place where his mother took him where he truly felt at home. A beautiful grassy area where there was only pure light, blinding light from one of Corosaunt's sun's. He carefully led Rey who was blindfolded out to where a blanket and basket with the most amazing foods inside laid. "Alright, you can open your eyes now" he whispered to her. She removed the blindfold and her eyes gazed at the beautiful scenery and the pretty basket in front of her. She sat down and opened the basket to find the most delicious chocolates inside. She threw one in her mouth before asking "when did you have time to do all this?" He didn't respond, he only grabbed another chocolate and placed it in her mouth gently. He got up and helped her up to. "Rey, I love you, and I always will. You are the reason I wake up in the morning. Your the reason I'm still alive. I can't see myself with anyone but you. Rey, will you.-" All his thoughts were cut off by a young lady's voice shouting for Rey. Rey recognized her voice and went running over the hill.

---

Ben followed her only to see Rey having a conversation with the young woman who was sitting next to her in the pod. When he got close enough he heard Rey say something like "what do you mean a situation." He continued to walk forward until he was close enough to hold Rey's hand in his. "Hello I'm Ben Solo, and who might you be" he asked the young senator. She shook his hand hesitantly and replied "I'm senator Rose Rico of the planet Kigimii. I've heard a lot about you Ben, but Rey I'm afraid we have a slight pronlem." Rey and Ben looked at each other before asking, "what problem" in unison.

---

Rose lead them into a building with a ton of computers and screens. "This is the main hanger in the entire building, where we come up with our attack plans and battle stratagies. Now that we have decided it is necessary for a army, we need to figure out what the army will be made of." stated Rose. "How about volunteers from all over the galaxy" suggested Rey. Rose shook her head no. "Maybe droids" she suggested again. And again Rose shook her head no. Rey kept listing idea after idea and was turned down constantly. Ben thought to the past, the first order, the empire, the clone wars, the peace era- 'wait that's it' he tjought. He whispered to himself "clones." Rose and Rey turned around and looked at him in the eyes. "What did you just say" asked Rose. "Clones" he said again louder this time. Rey looked intreged but Rose looked disgusted. "Clones, are you out of your mind. They are programmed from birth to know about order 66 which ultimately wiped out almost all of the jedi. We can't possibly have clones as our army, not to mention all they have as weapons are blasters. It's impossible." Ben wanted to choke her at the moment, she was telling him what was possible. As much as he'd enjoy it he didn't choke her but stood his ground. "Your rignt. The clones were trained from birth to exercise order 66, and they had to take these orders becaise of an inhibitor chip planted inside their brain. But I know a planet that will make you whatever kind of clones you want, ones that could be given objects strong enough to cut through their armour like a heat source similar to our sabers. Rey you have to trust me on this, who better to pick out an army source to fight metal troopers then the guy who was in charge of gathering stlrmtroopers. Kimino is the planet the clones were made back in the day of the clone wars, if we request our own troops then there is 100% garuntee that history won't repeat itself. Rey, please. Do you trust me?" She looked uncertain so Ben looked inside her head. He felt a wall go up immediately and he pulled out of her head. She gave him a look of pure rage, "Rose ill be right back I just need to speak to Ben. Alone" Rose nodded as she gave Ben the side eyes and walked away. "Ben Solo! How dare you intrude in my private thoughts! And you know neither of us can control the bond so stop intentionally trying to use it against me!" Ben didn't look up at her, he was ashamed he did but he just really wanted to know the answer. "So, do you trust me or not?" he asked her trying desperately to change the subject. She sighed and sat down next to him. "I trust you with my life, but what about Kimino, it's them I don't trust are you sure making a clone army is a good idea, we don't want a repeat of history. When we don't change anything history-" Rey was cut off. She never seen Ben like this, he gave her dun... dun... dunnnnn! The puppy dog eyes. "Rey you have to be kidding, we've changed so much I mean can you even think of a single war that never had a jedi in it. We're the first grey jedi's, we have a Republic that isn't rigged to destroy us, and we're going to start our own line of clones. We'll be fine I promise." She wanted to believe him so badly, but she had a bad feeling about this (pun intended.) "Fine, but you must bring my padawan with you I sense she is struggling, adjusting to her new life. I need to stay and watch over the senate." Rey said. Ben looked very satisfied with Rey and himself. Rey was about to exit room but she looked back at him and said "there's no one in the galaxy I trust more then you."