Chandelier

"Wake up child."

I gasped, desperately sucking in air, feeling winded from what had just happened. I looked around, expecting a smashed up car, blood and injuries, or even death. What I didn't expect to see is a fancy ass chandelier dangling right above me, like damn that looks expensive. "Good, you're awake." A deep voice spoke from another section of the room. I sat up slowly on the vintage couch, feeling my whole body ache, and turning my head in the direction of the mystery voice. Finding a man seated and leaning over an organized desk, everything accented in red and black. The man staring at me with glowing amber eyes, his hands folded neatly in front of him, and his hair gelled back, not a single piece out of place.

"Surprised? Or perhaps you're confused?" His words rang out, with a sense of power hidden behind each syllable. I took a breath before speaking.

"I'm more curious as to how much this fucking chandelier cost, I mean damn dude this thing looks expensive as shit."

"...Excuse me?" His brows creased together, a confused frown settling on his face. I pointed up at the expansive light.

"This big bright bitch right here, how much did she cost? Like a couple thousand?" I couldn't hold my curiosity back, I was genuinely wondering how much that bitch cost. He cleared his throat, straightening his posture before continuing.

"That's not important right now, are you even aware of the situation you're in?" He questioned. I glanced over at him, reading his serious features, before taking a better look at my surroundings. The room was some type of office, beautifully decorated with expensive antiques, all accented with fine red and black details, giving the room a dark feel to it.

"No, I'm assuming you're gonna explain that though, so go ahead, start your speech, I'm all ears." I stated while looking out the window that seemed to only show a void of black.

"Seeing as you're.... quite distracted, I'll get straight to the point Rowyn" He paused, letting out a breath before continuing. "You're dead."