Grief

"Rook."

My eyes shot open, this scenario starting to be a reoccurring situation. I blinked rapidly, my eyes adjusting to the bright lights on the ceilings. I slowly turned my head in both directions, seeing plain white walls, with a single window and empty chairs. I moved my hands in order to sit up, but was met with some resistance. Looking down, my right arm was in a cast, as was my right leg. I expected to feel soreness or pain, but I was left with neither.

"Ah, good you're awake." A calm and patient voice spoke. I twisted my head around to see a man in his late thirties walk into the room, he was wearing a white lab coat, and holding a clipboard.

"Uh yeah, where am I exactly?" I croaked out, realizing my voice was a lot more scratchy then it had been only what I thought to be minutes earlier in hell.

"Do you not remember the accident? You're in the hospital. You could be suffering from amne-" before he could finish his sentence I cut him off.

"No, no, I remember the accident. Where's my mother?" I questioned the man, his eyes changing from calm and kind, to sympathetic. I knew exactly what he was about to tell me. He inhaled a small breath, before continuing in a gentle voice.

"Your mother sustained fatal injuries, she passed on impact. I'm very sorry to inform you of this right when you've awoken." I paused, processing his words carefully, I felt the stinging pain tugging on my heart. I had troubles with my mother, but she was the only family I had left, I never even met my father. My grandparents already having passed, and my mom being an only child, left me feeling a great sense of loneliness.

"I... see." I breathlessly muttered through my pale lips. My hand shaking and my eyes brimming with tears. I wouldn't cry though, I've always told myself never to cry. I have to be strong, but then again why the hell did I even need a second chance if I don't have anything to return to.

"I'll quickly check your vitals, and examine your injuries, you should be good to go soon." The doctor said, while walking over to the bed, starting his routine check. I didn't process what he was doing, I wasn't paying attention at all, I didn't even realize he had already left by the time I looked up from my lap, and over to my casts. Feeling a deadly anger build up, and gripping the casts, easily ripping them off my shallow body. I didn't feel any pain, I could easily move my limbs, it was definitely out of the norm, but my emotions were so worked up that I didn't even notice.

Looking over to the window I grabbed one of the waiting chairs, lifting it like a feather and easily smashing the hard glass to bits. I didn't care who heard me, I wanted out of these suffocating walls. I looked down out the broken square, realizing I was a couple floors up. I sprang onto the ledge, jumping out of the broken window in only a thin hospital gown. I swiftly and skillfully landed on the asphalt, realizing that I had just jumped down more than a hundred feet and survived without a scratch. I made a mental note to thank Lucifer later, before sprinting out into the darkness.