Lifeless

"You're dead."

"Ok, so let me get this straight. You're telling me, I died in that car accident, and now I've ended up in the depths of hell? Let me guess your mother fucking Satan himself aren't ya?" I sarcastically barked out.

"Yes, yes, and yes. Although I prefer Lucifer. On to more pressing matters, I will explain your purpose in being here, and the options you have to choose from. Firstly, that old son of a bitch smiling down on us from the heavens above, sent you down here. He claimed your spirit was too wild and hard to handle." Satan- I mean Lucifer paused, a hateful glare in his eyes, he inhaled deeply before continuing.

"Secondly, out of the kindness of my heart and my passionate hate for the holy beings above, I'm going to propose a deal to you." He spoke, proudly puffing out his solid chest.

"Uh huh." I deadpanned.

"I'll give you a second breath of life. You'll be able to walk the earth's grounds once again. Or you can choose to remain here, wandering aimlessly through this vast, dark, and damning surface." Now this peeked my interest, I turned my head, finally losing eye contact with the never ending blackness outside the window.

"Im intrigued, I'll hear you out on this, so what's the catch old man?" I was smart, I knew there was a price I was going to pay for a second chance. I just didn't know how expensive it'd really be.

"Clever girl. There's been some..... pests, roaming the earth's surface. People who have cheated death. I do not know who's behind this, but someone is helping others escape their fates." Lucifer explained.

"Yeah, so long story short you want me to take care of these.. cheated souls?" I blurted out, not wanting to waste anymore time in this boring office.

"Yes, if you fail to keep your end of the deal, I'll be forced to drag you back down here. You will not have another chance, you will spend eternity here. Am I understood?" He looked me straight in the eyes, a very serious feeling hanging in the room.

"Loud and clear boss!" I saluted before getting up and sauntering over to the guy.

"I will give you a gift, something to help take care of these pesky rats." He stood tall, smoothly walking towards my smaller frame. He reached his hand out, barely touching my forehead. My mind immediately going to the thought that some freaky ass, voodoo witch business was about to take place. I was so right, my thoughts cut short as an agonizingly sharp pain shot through my skull. I fell to my knees, the feeling of someone tapping into my head and prying it apart, bit by bit.

"You will pick up where u left off..... Rook." The last thing I heard before I was lost in a space of darkness.