Answer me

The assassin was sitting tied up to a chair Derek had bought out. Stiles had his head hung low, not making eye contact with any of his friends. Scott was trying and failing to make Stiles look at him.

He was a second away from losing his temper and screaming "LOOK AT ME!!", to stiles.

The assassin stirred, her heartbeat had sped up. Every werewolf was able to hear the change.

"You do know you're surrounded by werewolves that can hear your heartbeat?", Stiles said sarcastically.

Lydia nodded agreeing with Stiles. While Scott was struggling to hide the proud smile he had on his face. This really wasn't a good day to be Scott Mccall.

"What do you want from me?", The girl said.

"What's your name?", Scott asked, he was keeping his kind face on.

"Layla Evans.", She said bluntly.

"Layla we aren't going to hurt you.", Scott said only to be interrupted by Peter. 

"Like Hell we aren't.", Peter said moving forward towards the girl.

He crouched in front of the girl, not taking notice of the distressed cries of the true Alpha beside him. He bought his claws out, cutting through the ropes that bound her legs to the chair. 

"Now Layla you are going to tell me who The Benefactor is and how many others know about the deadpool.", He said his voice was dangerously low.

She just shook her head in defiance.

"I'm never going to tell you... even if I did nobody survives the Benefactor.", She spat out.

Stiles had remained mute up until now. He shuffled towards the girl, crouching by her legs.

"Layla please just tell us... Peter doesn't joke around.", He said pleading with her with his whiskey brown eyes.

Layla started to laugh crazily. Her laugh overpowered Peter's dark laugh. The sound of it belonged with the people in Eichen House.

"Neither do you.", She said between her crazed chuckles, "You the Stiles Stilinski.... the one you went on a killing rampage the one who killed his own best friend.", She spat out with venom lacing her voice.

"That's gold coming from you.", She said, stopping laughing.

"That wasn't Stiles... that was the nogitusune.", Lydia spoke up from behind the trio.

"But ask Stiles.... did he like the screams his victims made, the strife that he caused the chaos he bought.", She said smiling darkly at the boy in front of her.

"Did you not like the feeling of being powerful?", She said, her voice was dangerous as if the next answer that came out of his mouth would determine if he lived or died.

"I did.", Stiles admitted, his voice cracked. That single tremor was all it took to break Scott.

"No stiles that wasn't you.", Scott said, the young alpha was doing everything in his power to not cry.

"But it was.", was all Stiles said.

"But let me ask you some questions Layla.", He said, his voice was filled with venom that unnerved his friends surrounding him. Peter could feel the smirk that was making its way onto his face.

"Do you not feel anything when you kill all those people.... people with families", He said, "Do you even say sorry to their family or do you bask in the glory of hunting innocents that couldn't make a choice in their supernaturaility.", He said his voice rising a few more octaves.

"I-- uhm.", Layla said.

"ANSWER ME!!", Stiles shouted thrusting his fist into the marble tile under him.

"GODDAMMIT ANSWER ME.", he shouted.

"Stiles.", Lydia said making her way to the whiskey eyed boy in front of her.

He looked up into her emerald green eyes that were filled with tears. He had tears in his eyes too. She bought him into a loving hug. He put his head into the crook of her neck mumbling the same thing over and over again, "I didn't mean to, It wasn't my fault."

Scott's past pride in his brothers power was now long forgotten. Unshed tears were streaming down his face. He rushed ahead and bought the pair into a tight and warm hug.

Layla was looking at the trio in front of her. She for the first time saw what her hunting and killing does to these people.

She hung her head low while answering their question.

"The Benefactor doesn't ever appear in front of his assassins... but he somehow knows if the kill was confirmed", She said bringing the others out of their stupour.

"He sends us the money by wire transfers only if he confirms the kill... I'm sorry but that's all I know.", She said lowly.

Scott nodded getting up from the ground letting Lydia hug his broken best friend.

"You can go now Layla, just please don't kill any innocents.", was all he said before letting the former assassin leave the loft.

The others just watched the Young alpha hug his original pack on the ground. Nobody dared to interrupt scared of their Alpha's anger that was nearly non existent and scared to take away the last thing these three had left. Each Other.