You've got to be kidding me

"Alright then lads, let's see how we do." George stepped back and watched as his three boys took their shots.

First the eldest and next in line, Kaden, then Andrew and then Jude.

Karen hit all targets with perfect ease and calm, emptying the gun, changing out the bullets, hitting all targets, picking up a different gun hitting  all targets again.

"Well done Kade. Andrew."

Like his brother, Andrew hit all of the targets, safe for one head shot, he changed out the bullets and hit the rest of the targets with ease.

"Good job Andrew, but you still need to stop flinching. Whether the bullet is or isn't for you, don't show agitation."

"Alright dad." Andrew nodded, putting the gun down.

"Great. Now Jude, let's see how you do."

Jude hit most of the targets, and took a little longer to change out the bullets than his older brothers. He still did very well, remembering to put the gun back on safety when he was done.

The small curly haired blond kid looked back up to his father waiting  for his comments.

"How do you think you did Jude?" George asked, bending down to his level.

"Well I know I didn't hit all the targets, and it took me a while to change out the bullets, but I'll get better dad, I promise."

George smiled widely. "I'm proud of you three. Alright pack up quickly and finish your self assessments then we can go get KFC with your mum."

The boys got to work immediately. Though when the three of them were together,  all seriousness was thrown out of the window and they'd turn into a trio of loonies, they also took their lessons very seriously. They all knew what this lifestyle was about and the risks it had for them and their friends and family.

Suddenly Georges phone started ringing, it was his wife.

"Gracey dear, you know you could just come outside and talk to me."

"In case you forgot George, I'm heavily pregnant with twins. I'm not moving from fucking anywhere to speak to anyone."

George laughed. "Of course. What is it then dear."

"Are we still on for KFC tonight?"

"Yes."

"Can we get Nandos instead, the ice-cream there is better. Plus I want a whole chicken for the three of us. How are the boys?"

"Their great, we're almost done then we'll go get that Nandos for you."

The was silence on the other side for a long while, only the sounds of Grace munching on something and humming absentmindedly.

"Grace do you want to tell me something?" George asked.

"Well... you know that guy who tried to kidnap Jude last year. You know how you kept him I'm the basement?"

"Yes what about him."

"Well he escaped into the house and tried to kill me." She said calmly.

"WHAT!"

"I know, crazy right. Don't worry though, I shot him before he had the chance. I tried not to kill him, but I think he's dead. Sorry."

"You've got to be kidding me. Grace are you okay!"

"Peachy. Just munching on some doughnuts. But now there's a dead man in the kitchen. And I can't exactly clean it up, twins and all, so could you call Michael over to clean it up and take the boys out as soon as you're done."

"Grace are you okay?"

"I told you I'm fine! Just take the boys out, I don't want them to see this. And get this mess cleaned up before you come back."

George sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He needed information from that man, but if he tried to attack his wife then she was right to kill him. He was worried about his unborn daughters and how they felt about hearing the gunshots.

"Fine, okay. I'll call Mike and Josh over to get the kitchen cleaned up. You ladies stay put and wait for the food."

"We ain't going nowhere, see you later babe." Then she hung up without letting him say bye.

George sighed again, making his way over to the boys.

"Change of plans lads. We're getting Nandos instead."

___

😗