Twenty-Two: Dex

"Ow," I groan as, waking up, I find myself yet again in the Dauntless hospital. I've now lost against two of the bullies-Isaac and Brooke. 

"Hey Dex," says a voice. 

"Plato," I smile. I don't even need to look to know that it's him and opt to keep my eyes shut against the blaring light, "How long have I been out this time?"

"Most of the afternoon," he admits, "But this time, I've brought food," He holds up a bowl in one hand and a glass of water, plus knife and fork in the other. 

"Thanks Plato," I grin, "Always can rely on you." The food's cold but still great and just what I need to get my energy back after that fight. Once I've eaten, we head into the Pit to join the others. 

To no one's surprise, Amy and Cassie are, as usual, arguing. 

"You're a traitor!" Cassie hisses, standing up just as I take a seat next to Sam and Plato sits himself beside Phoebe and Jo. 

"Oh and how am I a traitor exactly?" Amy demands angrily.

"You're spending too much time with the Dauntless," Cassie spits. 

"Yeah? Well: News Flash! Lyra's my girlfriend! And I can spend my time with whoever I want," retorts Amy, "Who are you? The relationship police?"

"I'm just saying that-"

"What?" cuts of Amy, "What are you saying?"

"That you should be spending time with us! Your friends!" blurts out Cassie, and turns beetroot. 

"I'm sorry!" Amy says, standing up to meet Cassie in the eyes, "But since when have you ever been my friend ? You've had a problem with me ever since I've got here!"

"My problem is with Abnegation!" shouts Cassie, and then blinks, as if realising what she's just said. 

"Oh, I see. So it's not me you're prejudiced against, but my entire faction? " yells Amy, "Fine. What's your problem with Abnegation?"

"It's useless and everyone in it should be eradicated!" screams Cassie. There's a stunned, shocked silence. Everyone knew that Erudite didn't like Abnegation, but I never even thought they'd go so far as to think that it should be gotten rid of completely

"Yeah, well," Amy says, more confused than angry now, "It's you who should be eradicated!" They both glare at each other and storm off in different directions. 

"Pass the popcorn," I mutter to Sam. 

He just sighs and says, "This really isn't the time Dex," He turns to Plato and says, "You go after Cass. I'll get Amy." Plato just nods solemnly and the boys head off. 

"Whew. Talk about intense," says Phoebe, and she, me, and Jo all grin. Within minutes, Sam returns with Amy, who's been crying and is drying her eyes. She seats herself in between Phoebe and Jo. 

"I'm sorry about that," Phoebe says, "I don't understand why the Erudite hate the Abnegation so much. But I swore to myself that I'd only judge the Abnegation when I saw hard solid proof of their wrong doing," she smiles, and squeezes Amy's hand, "But you're one of the nicest people I've ever met. Plato aside, of course." Amy smiles back tearfully. 

"Yeah, just ignore Cass," says Sam, also trying to comfort her, "She just high-strung because she's worried that she'll be-" He stops his sentence mid-way, as he meets Phoebe's eyes and blushes red. 

Phoebe just laughs, a light high-pitched giggle, and finishes Sam's sentence, "Cut. Don't worry. No offence taken. I know I'm going to be cut anyway, but," she shrugs, "That's ok because I've figured that Dauntless isn't really for me."