♕ 𝘰𝘯𝘦 ♕

I lower my body into the nearest seat, the doors closing behind me, as the train jerks forward. My thighs stick to the plastic seat almost immediately. I am exhausted after a very long and hot twelve-hour shift. My boss had asked me to work an extra shift after my co-workers decided to not show up. My body moved and shook with every bump the cart passed over. I close my eyes and lay my head back, sweat trickling down my back. As modern as the cart was, it still couldn't keep out the summer heat. I let cold railing cool me down. Chicago's summers were so much nicer when I was growing up, never as hot as they are now.

While fixing my posture, I finally look around at the people who sat near me today. Three seats away from me sit an elderly woman, her small, and fragile arms clutching her bag to her chest tightly. I don't blame her, these trains are home to the weirdest people. My eyes quickly sweep over the other people, adults, teenagers, and the occasional Chicago's famous crackheads.

My eyes finally met the eyes of the person sitting directly in front of me. Sharp, hard, dark eyes. His gaze making me move in my seat. My cheeks grow hot as he kept his eyes locked on me. They were big, round, and the darkest shade of brown, I was mesmerized. I break away from his gaze as I study his features, dark was the only word that can describe him. Long, dark lashes frame his eyes with eyebrows just as dark right above. His hair, a brown almost black color, lay tousled at the top of his head. I bit my lip as my eyes traveled down to his mouth, which was upturned into a smile, a small smile of my own grew on my face. He was beautiful...

I turned my eyes away from him as my stop began to near, I stood just as the doors opened and quickly stepped out. He stands the same time I do & gets off at the same stop, which caught me by surprise. I turn my head around to look at him one more time just to be met with a toothy grin. He's a few paces behind me with his gaze locked on me, taking his time with each step he took.

After another minute of walking, and he wasn't behind me no more, actually, he wasn't anywhere, almost like he disappeared. I continue my walk home, it was almost 7:30 and the sky is beginning to turn to a deep blue. I live on a pretty busy street, it is the main road so cars never stopped moving. Every few minutes I look behind me hoping to magically see him again, but to my disappointment, he was never there of course.

I walk up the steps to my apartment building, keys in hand. Using my body, I push open the heavy wooden door that closed off the building from the rest of the world. All outside noise ceased as I was welcomed with the cool breeze from the building's air conditioning. This place is old but I am grateful for the constant cooling system in this heat. I move my legs to go up 3 flights of stairs, knees aching in the process. My hair clinging to my sweaty neck making me itch in irritation.

Right as I unlocked my apartment door I began to strip, pealing every piece of clothing off my body. I enter my bathroom & immediately get into the shower, letting all my discomfort & exhaustion from today go down the drain. My mind wanders back to the boy on the train, I couldn't take the image of his eyes out of my head. Something inside me just wants him. He was so mesmerizing...