♕ 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 ♕

The sound of my blood rushing through my ears drowns out the surrounding noise. Nolan was standing right in front of me now, a sad look on his face. Except for today, his face is bruised all over. Purples, reds, and yellows marked his face making it almost unrecognizable. I avoid eye contact with him, making sure to keep my gaze towards the ground.

"Leanne, look at me." his voice deep with annoyance. As if he had any right to feel any type of way now. I turn my body away from him completely and continue to ignore him.

"Leanne, don't act like a fucking child," he says lowly, I can feel the annoyance rolling off his body. I let out a small giggle and turn to face him, an eyebrow raised and my lips pressed together.

"ME? I act like a child?" I scoff, the nerve this man has. I shake my head and get up to grab the food that was already placed on the counter for me. I push past him and head to the door, feeling him not far behind me. With every step I took, he takes one. I stop walking, planting my feet firmly on the ground, and turn to him. He tilts his head to the side and raises an eyebrow, clearly confused. Without thinking, my hand makes contact with his cheek, a stinging pain pulsing through my palms after the slap.

"What the fuck?" he yells in surprise, his hand cradling his now red cheek. I take a step back as soon as those words left his lips, my hands shaking from what I just did. I look at him one more time before turning around and hurriedly walk away, not long after my legs started moving I heard him walking not far behind me. I look over my shoulder and see him right behind me, head down, with his hands stuffed in his pockets, he looks up abruptly meeting my eyes, making me turn my head away quickly. My apartment building getting closer, and he still hasn't left me alone.

I pull out my house keys hastily, my hands still shaking. I struggle to put the key in making me shake the doorknob in frustration. Nolan's hand shoots out to grab mine, taking the keys from me and unlocking the door with ease. While holding the door open he ushers for me to enter, his eyes trained on me as I walk past him. The silence continued as we walked up to my apartment, both of us lost in our own thoughts, nothing but our footsteps echoed throughout the building. I wonder what he's thinking.

"It's here," I say quietly upon seeing my door number. I watch him open the door and hold the door open for me like he always does. Closing the door behind him, he lets out a loud and noticeably frustrated sigh. I place the food on the coffee table and take a seat, that food undoubtedly cold. Patting the spot next to me, I signal for him to take a seat, which he wastes no time doing so. I feel the couch dip as soon as he lowers his body next to mine, my body desperately wanting him to touch me the way he used to. He leans back into my couch while spreading his legs out, his eyes focused on the blank television screen.

"What happened to your face?" I ask, my eyes trained on the multiple bruises that littered his face.

"Nothing bad, I got into it with someone," he shrugs, looking over at me he shoots me a small reassuring smile.

"It doesn't look like nothing." I frown and run my fingers over the purple marks. I see his face visibly relax as he leans into my touch, in response my hand cups his cheek.

"Don't worry about it, princess. I'm okay," he snakes his arms around my waist and pulls me to him. He studies my face before closing his eyes and leans his head back, he looked exhausted. I feel bad about the slap from earlier, it was impulsive and stupid. I lay my head on his shoulder and adjust my place, my moving only made him hold me tighter.

"Nolan..." I say quietly, his eyes open at the sound of his name.

"Yes?" he tilts his head slightly over to me, his eyes planted my lips.

"I...I'm pregnant," I say quietly, barely being able to hear myself. I watched as Nolan sat up straight almost as soon those words left my mouth, a look of surprise and disbelief clear on his face. His eyes never leave my face, everything is silent, nothing but our breathing was heard.

"I'm not even surprised honestly, you're keeping it?" he finally says but now his body is more relaxed. I looked at him, shocked, to say the least. He's not at all concerned? He sees the look on my face and lets out a low chuckle, he was clearly amused.

"N-no, I'm not keeping it." I finally say.

"There you go then, whatever you choose to do is up to you. Babies are too much work anyways," he shrugs, clearly unaffected by what I said not even a minute ago. He digs in his pockets until he finally pulls his wallet out. He begins to quietly count his money, then leans forward and places it on my coffee table, never looking at me once during all of it.

"What is this?" I look towards the money then back at him, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"You're not keeping it, there's the money for the abortion," he says as if he's stating the obvious. I could feel his eyes on me, but I didn't turn to look back at him. I finally turn to him and throw my arms around him, pulling him into me for a hug. He really just did this without me even hinting at it. I think I caught him off guard, it took him a second to register what I did, and when it hit him he wrapped his arms around me in return.

I get up and pull him up with me, leading him to my room. Looking back at him, I saw a wide smile on his face making me giggle to myself. I can feel his eyes taking in the back of my body, his gaze focused on my hips, watching them sway from side to side with every step I took. The second I stepped into my bedroom he snakes arms around my waist from behind, pressing his front on my back making me arch my body in surprise.

With his face buried in the crook of my neck, he mumbles lowly to himself while placing small faint kisses leading up to my jaw. I bite down my lip, suppressing the little moans of content. Turning to him I can see the clear desire playing in his eyes, a look of hunger. Leaning down, he places a small kiss on lips before placing his chin on my head, burying my face into his chest. This is nice...