Nowhere

A half hour later, I'm sitting in the open trunk of my car. I'm parked on a dirty road in the middle of nowhere. Ellie is missing in action after she said she had to take a piss. So, I'm staying here and looking around. I feel a weird sense of serenity as I kick my legs back and forth and breathe in the cool air. Looking at the stars and the distant lights makes all of my big problems seem kind of small. I'm about to dive into the deep end of my own thoughts when Ellie reappears from the bushes with a twelve pack of beer in her hands. She grins deviously and sets the case on the blankets. She hops into the trunk with me and pulls out a can, cracking it open and sipping it slowly. I laugh and shake my head.

"You and your alcohol." I say, grabbing one for myself.

She smiles proudly, "I hid it when I came here last night."

"Who brought you here?" I ask.

Ellie shrugs her shoulders, "I may have borrowed Jay's truck."

"Ah, so you planned this?" I wiggle my eyebrows at her and she looks away, trying to hide her blush.

"I would prefer it if you would just tell me what a genius I am." Ellie turns back to me.

"You really wanted to hang out." I prod.

"Yeah, I did." She says, leaning back and sighing.

She brings her knees up and rests her elbows on them. She looks at me thoughtfully for a moment.

"I dunno. I guess I just wanna know more about you. I want to know everything. I'm crazy about you, Tara."

I don't know what to say. My heart is racing from her words alone. How does she know just what to say? How can she be so calm about it? This is the first time she's ever been so direct with me, but I'm not complaining.

"Ellie, I—" I start up, finally gathering a few words.

But she beats me to it.

"Look, I know I've put you through a charming nightmare," Her sense of humor manages to get me to crack an involuntary smile, "But, I really am crazy about you. And if I'm being honest right now, I might as well admit that I'm absolutely terrified. I've never fallen for anybody. Ever. And you know what? I can see myself falling for you, Tara."

I can't help but smile, "Smooth-talker."

"Tell me about you. I want to know everything about you. Not just three things."

I start rambling for a good five minutes, but it ultimately results in a really deep conversation between Ellie and I. I tell her about myself and she tells me about herself. She tells me how she's always been terrified of catching feelings for someone, how she hates being lonely, but how she craves being alone. She explains that she always acts out because she already knows her parents will never accept her for who she is. Apparently they've always been hard on her because she was never as into sports as Jay was. I learn a lot about her and a lot about the people in her life. By the time it's midnight, I know all there is to know about Ellie and she knows everything there is to know about me. We share interesting stories, embarrassing ones, and everything in between. I'm genuinely having a good time, which is so weird. How could someone related to Jay be so different from him? He's already "as good as it gets" or whatever... So why am I so into Ellie?

For just a moment, we fall silent. We are frozen in a single moment. We're looking at each other, taking it all in. I admire her stunningly good looks. I want her. I want her bad. Her hand has been resting on my thigh this entire time and I haven't even noticed. I'm dying to kiss her—to touch her. I chew my bottom lip hesitantly and take a deep breath. Ellie takes her chance before I can take my own and smashes her lips into mine. In a fit of desire and lust, she pushes me onto my back and climbs on top of me. I kiss her hard and tangle my fingers in her hair. She moans into my mouth and I pull her closer, pushing her onto her back and getting on top of her. Our kisses are rough and hasty as our breathing gets heavier. I move my lips to her neck and kiss my way down to her collarbone, leaving a trail of bites and nips.

My teeth graze her skin as I tug her shirt off. I toss it into the front seat and run my hands down her body. Her fingers fumble with the buttons on my pants and I finally take them off for her. I can hardly believe what's happening as Ellie sits up and pulls off my shirt. Our bodies are pressed together and it's ridiculously heated between us, despite the cool air flowing into the car from outside. I push Ellie back down and slide my hand into her pants. I kiss her hard as my fingers graze over the fabric between her legs. She moans again and I take that as my invitation to unbutton her pants. I yank them off and slip her bra off with one hand. Her body is absolutely stunning. She has a thin, toned stomach and a small tattoo of a bird on her left hip. I kiss my way down her body and right as I get to the skin beneath her belly button, she sits up and grabs my shoulder.

"U-Uh... Tara." She says quietly, trying to catch her breath.

"What? Too soon? If you changed your mind, that's fine. I—"

"No, I just... I've never... I'm a virgin." She murmurs, her face turning a light shade of red, "Can we just... Take it slow?"

"Of course. Slow is perfect. Just tell me if you want me to stop. Okay?" I reply, moving back up and planting a gentle kiss on her lips.

She nods slowly and bites her lip nervously, "Okay."

"Just relax. I'll take care of the rest." I tell her as I kiss her stomach and take hold of her hand.

"Wait." Ellie says again.

"Yeah?" I look back up to her.

She's silent for a minute, then she finally speaks up. Even though she's hesitant, she says, "I'm—Uh—Ready."

"Is that really what you wanted to tell me?" I laugh, lifting my eyebrows at her.

"Um. Yes. Let's do this." She giggles nervously.

"Don't worry, Ellie. It's going to be fine. I promise." I assure her.