1. how could you forget me?

lily's pov

"HOW ABOUT YOU INVITE DYLAN?" my blonde mom says.

"uhhh.. no thanks"

"what do you mean? aren't you guys best friends?"

"not anymore" i continue writing down my list.

"cmon just because you are not friends, it doesn't mean you shouldn't invite him"

"mom, he's well known now and he hasn't talked to me in like years" i roll my eyes.

"well you should just invite him. i don't think he'll appreciate you not inviting him to your sweet 16" mom takes a bite out of her sandwich.

"ugh fine" i take out my phone and start texting him. he probably won't respond but whatever.

lily 💖
hey dylan! i was wondering how if you wanted to come to my sweet 16? just answer me quickly!
read at 4:21 pm

of course he left me on read. i see it dylan. whatever. i sat on my bed and texted my best friend, emily.

lily 🌸🔥💋
wassup BiSH

emily 😉✨👑
hello!1!1!1

lily 🌸🔥💋
so i invited dylan to my party and i asked him and he left me on read 😔🖐🏻

emily 😉✨👑
iM GOnNa KiLl sOMeBoDy
wHeRe iS hE RN
iM GOinG tO fEEd HiM tO mY ALLiGatOr

lily 🌸🔥💋
no don't do that. oop-
what do i do?
bitch?
hELLo
iS AnYOnE hERe
uMm

emily 😉✨👑
sorry i was watching greys anatomy
anyways
umm tell him that you know you left him on read.

lily 🌸🔥💋
hold on he's typing
oop- he sent me a text
nvm c u later!1!1!

•end of convo•

lily 💖
hey dylan! i was wondering how if you wanted to come to my sweet 16? just answer me quickly!

dylan ✌🏻
hey! what day is it?

lily 💖
august 23rd

dylan ✌🏻
oh ok! i can make it

lily 💖
yay!

•end of convo•

i was happy about seeing him. honestly. i'm still kind of mad that he ghosted me. ehh.

i'm bored af and watching gossip girl in my room. then my mom calls me. i go downstairs.

"get ready" she says.

"wait why?"

"we are going to the kingwells' for dinner!"

"oh ok.." i go back upstairs and change into some jeans and a crew neck.

i facetime emily.

"okay guess what" i said smiling.

"what?" she asks.

"dylan invited me to dinner at his house"

"me too! apparently his cast friends are coming which might be exciting"

"what? are you kidding? okay i got to go! bye see you later" she waves.

•end of ft•

so you see dylan, emily, and i have been friends since kindergarten. best friends to be exact. but then he became more popular and stopped hanging out with us. so now it's just us. i mean we don't really need him. he left us anyways.