4. how could you still care about me?

lily's pov

yeah it's been a week. i got texts from dylan everyday. and texts from emily, avi, malina, and everyone else. but i've only been talking to kitana.

we're really close and we are already great friends. today, i got about 139 texts from dylan. he texts me like every 30 minutes. but i leave him on read. it's even weirder to see him at school.

dylan ✌🏻
hey! you okay?
*read at 7:26 am*
what you doing? im bored, wanna come over?
*read at 8:06*
i see that you are leaving me on read.
i'm not stupid, lil.
*read at 8:27*
STOP LEAVING ME ON READD
answer
answer meeee
answer
LILY
LILY RAINE MACKEREL
LILLLL
HELLOOOOOO???
*read at 9:50 am*
ok. bye?
*delivered*

i felt bad. but i didn't want to show it. he's changed. i can't even look at him. anyways, at lunch i was kinda weirded out because dylan started sitting with emily and i haven't. soooo..

basically after school, i went home and changed into clothes. i basically just sat there and watched some jAmES ChARLes 1!1!1!

anyways, i was home alone. and then someone rang the doorbell and i automatically thought: WHAT IF IM GOING TO BE KIDNAPPED??? well like i'm not, i'm just overdramatic sometimes.

i go to the door. i look out. it's dylan kingwell. damn it. ugh. what do i do? i decide to open the door because i don't wanna be mean and i see that he had chocolate in his hands.

i open the door and he waves. he gives me a hug.

"what happened? are you okay? did i do something wrong? i'm sorry" he says.

"no. dylan, you didn't do anything wrong. it was me" i say.

"are you on your period?" dylan asks me. this. idiot.

"what- no!"

"oh. wait then why were you being annoying?"

"i- wait you don't know why?" i ask him.

"no? i just thought you were on your period. that's why you were so annoyed when i threw you in the water"

"ugh. no i wasn't!"

"then why were you so moody? was it because i just happened to push you into the lake?"

"no- dylan, i think it's time you go" he tries speaking but i close the door.

ugh