3. how could you still want to be with me?

lily's pov

he liked meee... well might've liked meeeee...

i can't imagine that.

i cant. he probably didnt. kitana's probably lying.

possibly.

anyways, kitana and i went to sleep. and that's basically the whole night.

the next morning, i woke up first. my mom had work, so i had to serve my guests. i made some pancakes and bacon. when they woke up we all ate.

"so what do you guys want to do today?" i asked.

"we can go to the lake!" dylan says. the lake is emily, dylan, and my secret spot. we used to hang out there when we wanted to. and no one knows about it. well up until now.

"uhhh.." i kinda feel awkward.

"ooh i kinda want to go swimming! the lake would be fun" avi says. it's freaking 70°, avi. it's kinda cold to go swimming in the lake.

"that's a good idea!" emily says. emily, you're an asshole. can you see i'm uncomfortable?

"ok let's go get ready!" kitana says. we all change into our swimsuits and stuff.

dylan drives us to the lake. we set up and put our towels in a line. everyone goes in except for me.

dylan gets out of the water and sits next to me.

"why aren't you going into the water?" he asks.

"it's a little too cold" i say laughing.

"oh well" he picks me up and throws me into the lake.

"ugh" i say annoyed.

then, i remembered when we were younger. dylan, emily, and i would go here all the time.

•flashback•
LILY'S POV

emily and dylan got in the water while i sat there and read my book. i loved going there with them. dylan got up and sat next to me.

"why aren't you going in?" dylan asked.

"it's too cold" i say. he picks me up and throws me in the water.

that was the time i knew he was my best friend. keyword: was.

•end of flashback•

i got out of the lake. i took a towel and ran. i called my mom to pick me up.

"wait. where are you going?" emily asked.

"what happened?" avi asked. i heard them run after me.

it hurts. it's hurts too bad to see him change so much.

my mom got out of work because of my problems. i felt really bad but she was okay with it..? idk.

but that's besides the point.

dylan and i are not best friends anymore.

not even close friends.

he might think that we are still besties.

but we aren't.

we are just friends.