6. how could you still want to be friends again?

lily's pov

i feel horrible. HORRIBLEEEE. i feel like such a mean, dramatic person. well tbh i AM BUTTT. i'm gonna say sorry. i am. i have to. this is my fault in the first place. he probably just couldn't text back. he probably couldn't text back for freaking 3 years.

so. i'm gonna say sorry. go to his house and say sorry. JUST SAY SORRY. STOP SAYING SORRY. oh wait sorry. ok i mean like i'm gonna say sorry. SHIT I HATE SAYING THE WORD SORRY.

so i'm just going to go to his house. and hopefully he wants to be friends again. i mean hopefully he will. i cant promise he would. but then i have to say sorry to everyone else. UGH.

so basically, i go to his house and wait for him to come home because he is hockey practice.

i start thinking about how we stopped talking. so first he joins a series of unfortunate events. then he gets a bunch of new friends. i texted him. he left me on read. and then after the show was done, he comes back to school. i try to talk to him but he is always busy. i cried almost everyday for a month cuz i missed him. then he starts the babysitters club. i'm happy for him and he leaves me on read AGAIN when i try to text him. then he comes back to school and doesn't acknowledge i exist. and now we're here. and he thinks everything is okay. anyways..

i'm in his room and i'm playing his guitar (which i never knew he had) and i played 'stand tall' from julie and the phantoms since it's a great show and yea.

he comes in and starts humming and immediately stops right after he sees me.

"hi lil" he says surprised.

"hey dyl" i say smiling softly.

dylan's pov

"hey dyl" she says.

i look at her with sad eyes, "what are you doing here?". i even hear a crack in my voice and she hears it too because she looks down in worry.

"i'm sorry" she says as she looks up, but not looking into my eyes.

"i'm still confused" i say and she finally looks at me in the eye, "why were you so mad?".

"it's because you changed. it's because you changed and forgot all about me. and dylan, i tried hard for you to get to notice me again and you just totally forgot about me" i see her fill with tears.

i give her a hug, "i'm sorry". she looks up at me and i wipe away her tears.

oh. did i mention i really like her and i've been trying to tell her for 4 years?