seven minutes of heaven

Young Jaycee :)

Jaycee's POV:

May flashed by in a complete whizz, consisting of myself avoiding Draco Malfoy and spending an increased amount of time in the library, researching and trying my best to find out what the hell was wrong with me.

I knew I had some sort of ability...an ability that seemed to be more like a problem in my case. I could transfer pain, so it seemed. Yes, it seemed like a cool thing to be able to do when you said it aloud, but I was out of control.

I thought back to all the instances where I had accidentally used this ability. It had first had an effect last year, where I had hurt Colin in Professor Sprout's class, then transferred the wound to myself. Then again in Potions class, where I'd unintentionally stabbed Malfoy for being a prick, and one again transferred the wound to myself. This strange ability also explained what had occurred in Quidditch Practice all those weeks ago, once again I had transferred Malfoy's pain to myself. I'd not only hurt myself with my strange ability, but I'd hurt others. Draco Malfoy to be exact. Yes, he was a complete asshole but I felt utterly horrible about what had occurred on that night after the Quidditch Grand Final. I could barely bring myself to think about it and every-time I even glanced at Malfoy all those horrible images would come swimming back into my mind. I felt guilty, yet I was too stubborn to confront him about it. I was also scared he would tell someone about what happened... Which was exactly why I was avoiding him.

This proved harder to do than imagined. I hated to admit it, but Malfoy wasn't a complete idiot. He knew I had some sort of ability, and he was onto me. He seemed to be everywhere I went. Every corridor I walked through, he was there. When I would walk into the Common Room, there he would be, sitting on a lounge in the middle of his posse. He seemed to be in the library and Great Hall whenever I was and our Quidditch Practice was always on at the same time.

In a desperate attempt to get away from him, I turned to the one place in Hogwarts I knew he would never set foot in. The Gryffindor Common Room. I spent most of my free time (when I wasn't researching) with the Weasley twins. Or to be exact, one Weasley twin in particular...

Fred and I had always been close, but after spending so much time with him over the last few weeks, I felt closer to him than ever. Whether it was something as boring as helping him do his homework, or something as exciting as helping him plot an amazing prank, I always had a great time with him. I was starting to think that maybe, just maybe, he viewed me as more than just his little sisters best-friend....

I wouldn't allow myself to get my hopes up, though. It would only lead to disappointment.

Still though, whenever I looked into Fred's dazzling brown eyes and gorgeous smile, I couldn't help but fall into a dreamy trance. He was just...perfect. And that cute wink he gave me everytime we made eye contact made my heart feel like it was about to explode and—

"Daydreaming about Weasley again?"

Snapping out of my daze, I focused my attention to Bella, who was sitting directly across from the table to me. Trying to play it cool, I took a bite out of my uneaten toast and munched on it, pretending my cheeks hadn't transformed into two red tomatoes.

"No, I was just thinking about all the homework we have. It's really stressing me out." I lied smoothly.

Bella scoffed dramatically. "Don't lie to me, Jaycee. It's the last day of term, we don't even have homework. Plus I know that look. The look of longing, and despair. You're clearly imagining yourself making out with Weasley. I can't say that I blame you."

I almost choked on my toast. "That is not what I was thinking about."

Bella raised her eyebrows at me, and flipped her long, brunette ponytail over her shoulder. "Sure you weren't."