curses and consequences

Jaycees POV

I was so sleep-deprived that somehow, I even managed to sleep through the incessant bickering of the four other Slytherin girls in my dormitory. And it was no surprise, that the following morning, I awoke to the sounds of teenage girls arguing with one another.

I groaned, covering my ears with my hands and keeping eyes closed, desperately attempting to gain a few more minutes of sleep before the school day. It worked at first, and I rested peacefully for about another twenty seconds before a piece of clothing hit me square in the face and I jolted back into reality. Rubbing my eyes and letting out a yawn, I slowly sat up in my bed to see that a Slytherin skirt was in my lap.

"Why are there skirts flying around this early in the morning?" I questioned, peering down from my bunk bed curiously.

No one answered however, I noticed that the dormitory was already in quite a dishevelled state, compared to what it had looked like last night, when we'd first arrived; belonging were already scattered all over the ground.

It didn't take me long to figure out the source of this mess. Bella let out an annoyed groan, and I peered over at her to see that her messy trunk was wide open. She leaned over it chucking, sorting through it stressfully, chucking her beloved belongings in random directions as she did so.

With a sigh, I carefully stepped out of my bed, climbing down from the bunk onto the ladder, and jumping off it once I was near the ground.

Now, Kate Harris had begun snapping at Bella. Now, I certainly hadn't missed her over the summer break. "Stop making a mess, you imbecile!" She spat harshly. "Stop, or I'll use a nasty curse on you."

I rolled my eyes as I approached the scene. "So, Harris, you haven't gotten any less horrible over the Summer, I suppose."

The nasty girl scoffed at me. "And you haven't gained any common sense. I hear you're still running around, conversing with mudbloods and bloodtraitors. Your father must be appalled."

I blinked at her in befuddlement, choosing not to dwell on her insults. "And why would you bring my father into the conversation...?" I questioned in confusion. "Do you even know who he is...?"

Kate's face morphed into a sadistic expression, and she clearly opened her mouth to say something, important or not, I would never know, because before she could, a pair of Bella's undergarments smacked her right in the face.

I let out a laugh as Kate swore loudly.

Getting ready for the day proved to be a very chaotic experience, with all the 'teenage girl' drama that encapsulated the room. I wondered how the five of us had actually managed to survive two whole years of schooling whilst living in the same dormitory.

By time we were all dressed in our Slytherin uniforms, the entire room was a even more of a mess than before. The entirety of Bella's trunk was littered all over the floor and some Bostyn's quidditch posters had fallen off the walls, adding to the wreck.

"We really need to clean that up, later." Astoria mused as we headed down to the Common Room.

"I'm not cleaning anything," Kate hissed agitatedly. "Bletchley can fix it. She's the one that created the problem in the first place."

Bostyn rolled her eyes at her rude friend, "Have you ever heard of teamwork, Kate? It's an incredibly important attribute, especially in Quidditch."

Kate scoffed. "I've also heard that you're supposed to be silent during Quidditch. Perhaps, you should try that sometime.

I glared at the girl, before turning away. "Remind me why we tolerate her, again?" I whispered to Astoria, who exchanged a weary glance with me.

Bostyn clearly didnt take Kate's advice though. She rambled on and on about the Quidditch World Cup and her new broomstick she'd gotten during the Summer, the entirety of the trek to the Great Hall. I was glad when we finally reached the Slytherin table, and Snape handed out our yearly schedule's, that I could finally depart from her...