Chapter _4_

Kaylee's POV:

"Fuck," I muttered again. He mesmerized me with his gaze and a thousand shades of gray were already changing in my head.

There's something about this man that makes you shiver and moan.

They were right. "Out-of-this-world" eyes" I remembered their words.

Light blue and green that mixed in continuous waves, bordered by thick, black lashes. Juicy pink lips are positioned a little further south, which are as if created to drive a woman crazy.

Or in ecstasy. I thought a little naughty.

The navy blue suit covered his body, but what could be seen in the hints,is the solid build and muscles brought to perfection.

I seemed to be so in my mind, that I winced when he abruptly cut off eye contact.

I can't believe you fell under the influence of your primary instincts. Animal!

I told myself, internally.

Get a grip woman.

That's right, I have to compose myself. All in all, after what Colt told me- I don't need this. I already know in advance the plot of this story as well as the way it ends. I watched enough of it as I grew up. These people are the embodiment of everything but morals, unscrupulous mobsters. I don't need a life tainted with blood and eternal fear for life - mine, his. They give you false freedom, while around the corner opponents wait to grind it with their dirty hands.

That's what I ran away from. Why would I go back to what I left behind.

That's right. You can flutter those lashes as much as you want, I won't give up.

With those words, I approached my seat, which was opposite his, and addressed the group.

"Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am glad that we are all here to start the realization of the plan and program that we have planned for today, as soon as possible. You already know Mr. Colt Johnson, and my name is Kaylee Walker. "

I pulled myself up to the table, straightening my tight dress to my knees. I raised my head once more and looked at him, but he was already deep in his thoughts, reading the documents in the folder.

I inhaled the air that was already a torturous tangle of a few strong, masculine perfumes and exhaled sharply, opening the folder in front of me.

After a couple of hours of uninterrupted debate, crossing the paragraphs of legal documents, it was time to take a short break. The last hour was quite tense, considering that some directors were replaced, so the level of tension reached its maximum.

"Gentlemen, I suggest a short break of an hour so that we can all get in line and be ready to finish this part of the story, possibly make some changes to the contracts and give them for verification."

The room slowly began to empty, people were coming out impatiently but also a little sluggishly. I looked away from the group of people, slowly removed my blazer, leaving it on the chair, and headed for the huge glass portal that looked out onto a wide boulevard full of vehicles and flashing lights.

"Miss Walker, aren't you going to take a break too?" 

Masculine and deep voice jerked me out of the daydreaming. From the intensity of his voice goosebumps appeared on my hands and sent shivers along my spine. In my mind I had already assigned a body to the voice. His body.

"Mr. Carter," I said, stretching out every letter of his last name and turning slowly in his direction.

"I am used to hard work. But it seems to me that your colleagues are not. And for you, I'm still not sure, "I said, looking him straight in the eyes.

This man awakes in me desire for quarrel, a sweet and torturous quarrel.

After my words, he took off his suit jacket, got up from his chair and, without breaking eye contact, walked slowly towards me.

When he was maybe twelve inches away from me, towering me with his broad shoulders and affecting my aura, he said firmly

" We didn't get to introduce ourselves properly. Noah Carter. "He held out his right hand to me.

"Kaylee Walker." I said slowly but proudly, shaking his hand.

The moment our palms touched, I felt his energy and how he was fighting for dominance with mine.

I have always believed that each of us have some kind of energy that we carry around us. And the reason why we like someone right at first glance is precisely because of that energy that is spreading around us.

We looked at each other for a few moments, his eyes showing nothing, as if I were looking at an iron door. Although I believe mine were the same.

We were interrupted by a resonant, woman's voice.

"I apologize, Mr. Carter. Mr. Johnson asked me to invite you to his office- if you would be willing." Harper said, blushing so damn hard.

"Of course." He said, still studying me with his eyes, and with that he left the conference room.

What the fuck am i doing? Be a strong and self- collected girl. This doesn't look like you.

After half an hour, the meeting started again and we threw ourselves into work.

No, I haven't looked at him since. Not because I was ashamed, I just wanted to let him know that he didn't influence me at all.

Or so I hoped.

After three hours, the meeting ended and one last meeting was arranged for tomorrow. Just the four of us. A man named Liam, who was not present today, though he shouldn't have come eather, Colt, Noah and me. And with that, we left the conference room.

I picked up my things from my office and headed to the garage.

As I was already in front of my car, a green Bentley passed me slowly. The person driving was tilting his head and looking at me deeply. I recognized those heavenly facial lines.

Noah.