Chapter _37_

Kaylee's POV:

The throbbing pain in the back of my head was so strong, that I gathered the last atom of strength to open my eyes. The moment I raised my eyelids, I regretted my decision. An unbearable feeling of nausea flowed through my senses and I vomited. I couldn't move to wipe myself. I tried to move my arms and legs, but the pain just cut deeper and deeper into my skin to the bone.

I was tied to a chair. A thick rope trapped my ankles and wrists, and a pair of ropes were wrapped around my chest, making it even harder for me to breathe and making me feel nervous because I couldn't move.

Only my head was free for movement. I slowly opened my eyes and somehow managed to suppress the feeling of nausea that again threatened to leave my body. I stared at the floor, now dirty with my luces. Hair stained with blood and separated into glued strands fell over my face and stuck to my cheeks.

I lifted my head slightly and the pain seemed to manifest again through my skull, bringing back memories of the painful blow.

In a chair in front of me in a roll that hid the veins on his neck and jacket, he sat. A lock of his hair fell on his face and with one movement of his hand he placed it behind his ear, passing over his lips, clearly showing the cut over which the fresh blood had already hardened.

"I was wondering when you would wake up. I don't want to stay here long, and in that state I can't get you out of the apartment. We would attract too much unwanted attention. "

I squeezed my eyes and mouth into one wrinkled line and then spat out blood mixed with my saliva that threatened to go down my throat.

"He should have hit you harder. I'm sorry to stand up for a monster like you. "

He laughed out loud, taking his foot off the knee as he leaned on his knees with his elbows.

"We all know who the monster is here. And that would be your dear husband in this story. Don't you think so? "

"For people like you, he should be Lucifer himself walking the earth."

'' Poor, dear Kaylee. . . it seems to be your problem. You trust the wrong people too easily. "

I closed my eyes to my gullibility. Really at no point did I have the slightest doubt in him. I suspected something was wrong with the Colt, he was really suspicious. I even doubted Liam, but  him. . . so why would i? What is his motive?

'' Why are you doing this Dean? Out of jealousy? "

His thunderous laughter filled the room.

"Do you really think I would do all this for one woman?" For you? You really have a very high opinion of yourself. "

He put his hand on his chin and made a gesture as if thinking deeply about something.

"But since you're leaving this world soon, I think you deserve to know why."

I frowned, waiting for his answer as I struggled within myself to recover from the nausea and pain I felt, just to hear what this man had to say.

"You see, it all started when I got a job at the company where Freya works so that I could reach you- through her. You were one link in my business. As the most promising and influential young lawyer in town with many connections in city council, I needed you to complete some legal work for me. Dirty jobs, of course. The other side of the story and our link is of course your dear Noah Carter. "

His gaze darkened as he continued the story

"The top of the state government has decided to give him a job with weapons and for him to be in charge of the dirty state affairs that would be done by the mafia. Although primarily that job was promised to me! For years, I was the right hand of Congressman Ian Wright to eventually tell me how he still couldn't assign me a job. You can imagine how I felt. "

"Not to prolong the story, my next goal was to destroy Noah. When my dear accomplice told me that you met and soon got married, I understood it as if a lucky star had smiled at me. I will reach him through you. "

"An accomplice?"

I said in disgust, panic was raging in my body. I couldn't believe that the only person I really trusted eventually betrayed me.

'' Freya. . . ''

I said quietly, I barely uttered her name.

"Even though you are very perceptive and a good lawyer, you are wrong. . . ''

The sound of the creaking of the door interrupted us.

"We are talking about the wolf, and the wolf is at the door Here's my assistant! "

A black-haired ghost formed in front of me and my eyes lit up in disbelief.

"Harper?"

Harper parted her lips in an innocent smile and immediately after that she took  handful of my hair and raised my head so that I was looking her straight in the eyes.

"I see I didn't hit you hard enough, as soon as your memory is fine."

"Why Harper, I've always been nice to you?"

Harper let go of me and took a few steps toward Dean. She stopped behind him, putting her hands on his shoulders.

''Nothing personal.''

Dean stroked the hand that was leaning against him and continued.

"Harper is wonderful because she helped me find out when you come, go to work, your obligations, meetings and everything else. She was very helpful. She even arranged for Colt to go to the party and with his presence inject the worm of doubt into you and Noah. Too bad for an old man who has already been killed and thrown somewhere."

He grabbed her by the neck and they merged into a juicy kiss.

I closed my eyes in disbelief.

"What you should be interested in now is that we will put you in this box and move you to the next location. If you don't want to cooperate and stay calm, dear Harper will give you an injection and put you to sleep until we get there. "

"What about Noah?"

"And in moments like this, you worry about him, when he is guilty of you being in this situation?"

He laughed as he approached me and grabbed my chin, lifting my head up.

"But whwn i think about it,  anyway you would end up 20 feet under the ground. If everything went according to plan, I would use you to complete my legal work and get rid of you. Of course, with and without Noah, you would eventually end up under a carpet of green grass. "

"As Congressman Ian ended up on the bottom of the ocean  today, and as Noah will soon end up."

"Son of a bitch, Noah will find you, don't think . . . ''

I said in a fit of rage, when Harper approached me and at Dean's nod nodded a huge needle into my neck and suddenly everything started to fog around me.

I sank into the abyss.

Dark was all I could fell.