Chapter _11_

Noah's POV:

The depressed mood of Monday could be seen on the faces of the people around me. Again with the people and their Monday. I made my way through the crowd of people at the airport, while my security was clearing the road in front of me. With Ray Ban sunglasses, a suit, and a briefcase in hand, I slowly approached the exit for private charter flights. My plane was like a small luxury oasis. Cream leather mixed with the color of high-gloss beech wood, gave the interior an impression of serenity. Gold metal details and discreet led lights complemented that feeling.

After we settled in comfortably, I decided to revisit the paperwork for an hour of flight time, as long as we needed to get to Washington.

The events of the previous week affected the changes in the business of my companies, so in the following weeks I have to visit the largest of them, and they are located in Washington, Los Angeles and Seattle. I will be absent from New York for about three weeks, during which time Liam will do jobs that cannot tolerate my absence.

The first part of the route is Washington. I read the documents carefully and remembered the Cruz brothers. We're going to have to eliminate them. They made a cardinal mistake, jeopardizing the business. They were drawn to drugs, women and the power given to them. After reading the last report, I made a firm decision to put Brandon Cooper in their place, a man in his mid-thirties, who worked on my team for covert overseas operations, and seemed to be highly suitable for this position. Loyal, serious and ruthless, but to me with a dose of awe and obedience.

The task after our agreement with the state was to diversify the offshore company by adding the hedge fonds, risky investments and other operations on their portfolio, where we could do money laundry from the increased volume of work caused by the sale of weapons to the US military.

The Cruz brothers proved miserable in managing a much smaller part of the business than this, so their existence became superfluous.

The weather in Washington was gloomy, and seemed to foresee danger for all those who stood in my way. After a long drive to our downtown hotel, I settled into my penthouse. I always loved height. It showed that I was at the top and that only the sky was above me. No one else.

10 pm. Brandon was already waiting for me in my office. There were two guards in front of the door. The office was dark with a dark connotation. As soon as one stepped into it, he would be overwhelmed by the feeling that such beautiful things were not happening here.

"Boss, how did you travel?"

"Quickly and efficiently. And I hope to hear that answer when I ask you about the Cruz brothers."

I looked at him significantly, reminding him that I had given him an order during the flight that I wanted the matter to be finished before our meeting. This would finally confirm my decision to place him as my extended arm in Washington.

"Even faster and more efficient boss" he laughed darkly

I sat down at my desk and gave him all the instructions.A new era has begun for me. The Golden Age.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For the next three weeks, I made a change in the supply, sales, and manufacturing network across America. In addition to underground operations, I actively participated in board meetings and media events as an exemplary businessman and, according to Forbes, the richest and most successful CEO of the new age.

My time had come and I felt like I was on top of the world. Oh no, sorry, I didn't feel that way, I really was on top of the world.

Between the meetings on the 55th floors of the buildings with entrepreneurs and the meetings in the secret bunkers in the middle of the abyss with mobsters, I only had time for myself at night when I would wait to throw myself into bed. Not long after that, I would quickly fall asleep, but one thought was always present before I closed my eyes and opened them.

Her.

I gave a simple explanation for that.She was one of the few that I (maybe) wanted but didn't have.Yes it certainly is. It has to be that.I felt some lust for her.

She often came to me in my dreams and in those situations the imagination would be quite extravagant.I imagined her in steamy sessions, where she drives me crazy, sensually seduces and sweetly torments me.

I wonder if she is like that in reality?

When I returned to New York after three weeks, a post  was waiting for me on the desk, among them there was one interesting invitation.

"Оh, I already like this."

I said looking at the invitation.