Chapter _10_

Kaylee's POV:

He scanned my surroundings nonchalantly, and frankly, it made me feel uncomfortable. I don't understand why I allow this man to penetrate so deeply into my inner world.

I turned to Dean a little thoughtfully, and only then did I feel his fingers dancing with the strands of my hair. It seems to have been going on for a while without me even noticing. That's why I smiled at him sweetly and with a covered sense of guilt.

Too much martini was already flowing through my body, so I was all in slow motion when I noticed  that Dean was slowly leaning towards me.

Oh no, will he kiss me?

My swirling and confused thoughts were interrupted by his hoarse voice playing its notes in my ear.

"Looks like we'll be third wheel soon, if you haven't noticed the turbulent passions flare up behind your back."

I smiled suddenly and with some relief. I was so taken by the laughter that I held on to the biceps of his hand with my palm.This surprised him a little, so he gave me a surprised and questioning look. I quickly tried to dodge that situation.

"I think we've been third wheel from the start." I rolled my eyes and made some silly face.

"Then next time we need to go somewhere alone so it will be just right"

There was noise in the club, and silence in my head. I wasn't sure what to say. I wasn't sure what I thought about the issue. i didnt know. Do I want to go out with him?That's why I didn't say anything.

I turned around and i was deep in my mind when I saw the devil with the angelic face walking away with some brunette in a tight red dress, holding her hand and breaking through the crowd.Suddenly all the voices around me fell silent and I became paralyzed. I don't know why, I couldn't move my body and my lower jaw, which hung to the floor, remained motionless. A scene like from a telenovela.

Hey you! So, why such a reaction? You are not together, he has no feelings for you, you have no feelings for him. It is quite normal that he has girls.WHY THEN THIS REACTION?

I sighed deeply and then asked Freya if she wanted to go to the ladies' room with me. I needed to get out of here for a while to clear my mind.

The toilets were really unreal with all the tables that had light bulbs around the mirrors, a makeup table with basic cosmetics and a classy, girly chair. We finished and adjusted before returning to the booths.

"Freya, You're  not wasting  your time. You jumped on that poor guy like a hungry tiger" I laughed, teasing her

"It would be better to say,  that he was the one who did the jumping thing" she winked at me

"We've been flirting at work for a long time but nothing else has happened between us. I didn't want to be a gossip at work. This evening was a great opportunity for us to relax outside the office"

Then she leaned her back against the table and said"What's going on with you and Dean?"

"I don't know. That's all I can tell you. Please stop pushing the questions right now, okay?"

"Sure. After all, I prefer the answer "I don't know" instead of an "nothing"!"

The rest of the evening we danced, chatted and I felt relaxed. But in some remote part of my brain was  that strange feeling I had when I saw him with another woman.

It was time to go home, and the guys politely escorted us to the taxi. As Freya and Chris kissed passionately, Dean and I stood facing each other.

He was really cute, he smiled angelically at me and I smiled back at him a little shyly.

"If the offer is still on the table, I'd like to go for a coffee"

He looked at me in astonishment

"Coffee sounds great"