Rick!

We were almost to our destination until I heard Amanda. "Finley, Flag, they're all around you. Use extreme caution."

Flag told everyone to hold. "I don't like this, Flag," Deadshot said.

"I don't like it either."

I looked at my unit when GQ caught my eye. He motioned to the desk I was standing next to. I switched the station on my walkie and asked, "Are you telling me to hide?"

"You're hurt. I'm trying to save your life."

"I didn't ask you to." I switched the station back.

Then the things once again attacked us. They dropped from the ceiling and came in through the glass windows. I took two or three down, I couldn't really see.

"They're after Flag again!" I heard Deadshot say. And once again, they dragged me away from Flag. "And Finley!"

"Get off of me! You are a bubble bath gone wrong."

"Finny!" I heard GQ.

"Over here." I managed to shot a bullet in the air, but I was drowned out from the other bullets.

The once human beings, took me out from where they came in through the glass windows and almost threw me over the edge. To fall to my death. "GQ!" I saw them on the bridge.

This could be the end of me. I could die right here and now, if the bullet didn't kill me first. I lost my train of thought when I felt unbearable heat. "Finny!"

I came out of the fire, coughing. GQ caught my arms, "I need to stop smoking man."

"You will be the death of me, Fin." He rubbed my head and I smiled.

Rick came over and I nodded.

We somehow broke through a wall and began our journey many flights of stairs up. GQ pulled me to the front and together we watched for any more of those things. We finally reached the top and once we could see no potential threat, our unit was to secure the roof.

"Sweep for shooters so we can bring in our aviation assets." Flag said to GQ.

My friend looked from me to Flag. Go. I mouthed to him.

Call me crazy, but he was being more protective than usually as of the late. I mean, GQ knew about Flag and I. I didn't go into detail about it, but it felt like he was always kind of jealous. But maybe he was just trying to protect me?

Flag turned and put a hand out to Deadshot and Harley. "Oh. Wait here. Please. I don't want to give this dude a heart attack. Ok?"

"Aw, he's embarrassed of us!" Harley said.

I put in the code when Deadshot said to Flag. "Hey, Flag. This dude better cure cancer after all of this crap." I pushed the door open for him, then I went in. Winking at Harley and Deadshot as I went.

There was another door behind this one. I started to put in the next code when Flag grabbed my hand. "What are you doing?" I turned to him.

He pushed me up against the wall and kissed me. I pushed him back and slapped him so hard, I'm sure it echoed out to the stairwell. "How dare you!"

He grabbed the back of my head, "Isabell, I love you."

"Stop it. Stop, Rick."

"What?"

"You're being cruel. Stop." I got out of his grip and shoved the door open.

He acted like nothing just happened. "You ready? Let's go." I said to Amanda.

I stood as far away from him as I could. "You wouldn't have made it without them."  She said to Rick.

I had faith in her project from the beginning.

"We got lucky. I don't do luck. I do planning and precision." I snorted at that. Planning and precision my butt.

"Admit it, Rick. I was right." Amanda said.

"Yea, I told you to get on that freaking truck, Amanda. Why'd you stay?" I ask her.

"I was studying his girlfriend." Her gestured to Flag. "She takes an average person, a yoga mom, an elderly retiree, and she turns them into a solider who can take a headshot and still fight. It's an instant army. How'd she do it, Flag? How'd she game the system with you watching her every move?"

"I'll accept the consequences." He said.

"Typical," I say under my breath.

"I am your consequence," Amanda said.

"You might need to be careful." I looked to see Deadshot, "They think we're rescuing Nelson Mandela."

"I can take care of myself. Shut it down, wipe the drives." Amanda commanded.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Copy that."

Amanda walked over to her desk, which I was leaning on. She examined my body physically, then she grabbed my chin. "I can always tell when you're about to tear a place apart. You've got that fire in your eyes."

"You could say that." I glare at Rick. 

"What did he do?"

"Nothing worth repeating." She cleared her desk, when I grabbed her wrist. "I saw her again. I swear, she was there. They all were."

She put her briefcase on her desk and looked me in the eyes, "You should've never been on that mission. That was my fault. You are safe, this isn't Iran."

"You're right. I didn't have to deal with Colonel Douche in Iran. Just bombs and guns in the hands of 15 year-olds."

"As I recall, you had a gun in your hand, younger than that." She pulled her gun out and shot everyone who was wiping the drives.

I pulled mine out and shot the two remaining. I needed to be emotionless. I needed to be like Amanda.

"Wow, that is just a mean lady," Deadshot said.

"You get used to it." I say walking past them.

"That's gangster." Deadshot said to me and Amanda, as he walked back up the stairs.

I stood waiting for my Colonel to give me orders, "What? They weren't cleared for any of this. Any of it." Amanda said to Flag.

"Hey, I'm just judging. I've buried a lot of mistakes, too."

"Some you didn't bury deep enough." I ascended the stairs. And when I reached the top, I stood behind Amanda when we left the room.

When the group of Metahumans saw Amanda, they circled us. "Let's go home." Flag said.

"Yea, let's go home. That sounds good. You guys wanna go home? Hmm? Or you wanna go back to prison?" The Captain asked.

"I'm not going back to prison." Harley said.

"What I'm saying is we kill the trio now before they kill us."

I held Katana back from handling this. "She's got this." I referred to Amanda.

"You all made it this far. Don't get high-spirited on me and ruin a good thing." She held the device that could blow any of their heads off.

I walked behind Katana as we walked to the roof.

"I like her." Killer Croc said.