N.M. - stuck in the middle

inspired by the song stuck in the middle by tai verdes

alisha stood holding a drink in her hand talking with zion one of her best friends. it was a crowded party even for la so she was trying her best to keep close to her friends. nick scavenged his way through the party looking for one person and one person only, alisha.

"incoming" zion whispered to alisha making her bite her cheeks.

"hey" nicks voice sounded a bit strained possibly from screaming over the loud music or a long night with one of his hoes but alisha would never know.

"hi" alisha replied flirtatiously. alisha promised her self when she moved to la to not get involved with the type of guys she thought nick was.

"you wanna go talk?" nick motioned his head towards the rooms of the house.

"yeah" alisha replied and gave zion a wave which he replied to with a laugh. nick held his hand at the small of alishas back leading her through the crowded house to a bedroom that he had scouted our earlier.

"hey nick" two girls waved while they twirled their hair. nick shot them a smile, a smile that could kill, making alisha feel regretful if her decision to "talk". once they got to the room alisha sat on the bed placing her drink on the ground next to her. nick sat next to her laying himself down onto one elbow.

"something wrong?" nick looked at alisha concerned because for the time they had been fooling around she had never acted like this.

"we came in here to talk right?" alisha looked at him knowing that what they were currently doing was not what he had intended.

"i envisioned a different type of talking..." nick trailed off and laughed to himself. he sat up and faced alisha.

"those girls i'm guessing are on your long list of hoes, the one including my name it seems?" alisha gave it to him flat out.

"i just go with the flow" nick replied not satisfying alisha.

"your a good guy nick but i don't get involved with a guy just for fun. with guys like you one minute we'll be great and then the next you'll leave me on read" alisha replied honestly.

"i know you want to get to know me though" nick tilted his head at alisha and he wasn't completely wrong. alisha avoided eye contact with nick making him smile. nick turned alishas face towards him and pressed their lips together slowly making alisha melt into the kiss. as she began to roll over on nick she snapped herself back into reality.

"nick, i can't be doing this if there's other girls involved" alisha admitted "are we exclusive?"

"well what do you want to do, seem like you like me a lot" nick replied cheekily. alisha rolled her eyes pushing herself off the bed towards the door. nick quickly put his arms around her waist pulling her back down onto his lap

"nick seriously" alisha tried to loosen his arms around her but he didn't move them.

"alisha" nick replied matching her tone "uhh-" nick mumbled trying to find the words to explain to alisha "if it's just you and me then there's no telling where it will go. shit turns from staying up late talking to love like that" nick snapped his fingers "i don't want to be stuck in the middle between love and friendship with you"

"and if we are then that only ends up hurting both of us" alisha finished his thought. nick loosened his arms around her waist and nodded. alisha turned to look nick in the eyes and leaned down and connected their lips.

"well just have to see where it goes" alisha mumbled into the kiss.

"ok" nick agreed.