Chapter 6: "I may not be smart but I try to not be ignorant"

A couple of days had gone by, Kirishima trying to get used to everything even if he would only be like that for two weeks. He tried his best to learn as much as he could, hoping the knowledge would come in handy later when Katsuki needed his help.

He didn't want him to feel like he didn't understand, or worse, like he didn't care.

"This is too tight.." Kirishima mumbled as they walked to the cafeteria, getting a roll of ruby eyes.

"It's not that tight." Katsuki said back. "But if you feel like you cant breathe you should take it off. You're not used to wearing something like that for so long, you could hurt yourself."

The red head contemplated the idea for a second before shaking his head. "I'm fine, I'm just not used to it yet."

The blond stared into the other's eyes for a second, deciding on letting him be yet still taking a mental note to keep an eye on him.

"Fine. Then stop complaining."

They sat on their usual table, the rest of the self proclaimed bakusquad eventually joining them as well.

Normal conversation carried out, and by normal I mean incredible crackhead coments and ideas coming from the others as Katsuki denied every single one.

Suddenly, in the middle of all the chaos, Mina tapped Kirishima's shoulder, bringing his attention away from whatever crazy idea Kaminari had said this time.

"Hey Kiri, I forgot to ask you yesterday, where did you get that binder?" She asked, her tone was sweet and happy as usual yet not as loud, keeping the conversation between the two of them as the other three bickered.

Kirishima froze for a second not sure how to respond. He couldn't say Katsuki gave it to him, that could end up outing him and that was the last thing the red head wanted.

Racking his brain for a quick response, he decided to turn the question around. "How did you know it was a binder?"

Mina gave him a small smirk. "I may not be the smartest but I try to not be ignorant. I know what a binder is even if I don't use them."

Those words made Kirishima feel a small warmth spread inside his chest. It felt reassuring to know that not everyone was like Mineta or Denki, in that they didn't bother trying to understand what he was feeling. He knew he would go back in no time, as if this was just a bad dream, but he knew that not everyone had the privilege of getting the body they identify with so easily.

"Also, Jirou uses one." Mina continued, catching the red head off guard.

"She wears one? Is she- I mean, he? They?" Kirishima found himself at a loss and confusion, frowning at the giggle that escaped the other's lips.

"No she's still cis, she just likes having a flatter chest. It's personal preference." Mina explained, the red head's frown still present.

"I thought a binder was something trans people used to.. you know," Kirishima continued. He could feel Katsuki's continuous glances at him, keeping tabs on the conversation.

"A binder changes the way other people see you, it's more like how you want to express yourself. Like how you can color your hair or do your make up." Mina explained, a wide smile on her face as she watched Kirishima's eyes widen slighty in understanding. "Expression and clothes don't have a gender." She finished, resting her chin on her palm.

"Now! You didn't answer my question pretty boy." She giggled as her eyebrows wiggled in anticipation.

"Oh uh-"

"Recovery girl gave it to him." Katsuki cut in, watching Mina nod.

"Yeah, when they took me in for the check up." Kirishima finished, internally thanking his boyfriend and his genius brain.

"I see!" Mina answered, more questions rising inside her but deciding to drop the subject. "By the way! Kiriii the black roots look good on you! Maybe you should do black fading into red instead of just red." She suggested, the conversation flowing and changing subject, lowering the blond's nerves.

"But I like the red!" Kirishima protested.

"Yeah but the black fading into red would match with your hero gear too! You would look even manlier!"

The day continued as usual, the group going back to the dorms, bickering going around as always.

"I still dont get it though!" Kaminari whined.

"What is there to not understand dude??" Sero answered, laughter still running through him.

"Why do we call them 'Father'???? Its your Mother and your Motherfucker! It makes complete sense!" Kaminari continued his protest, laughter surrounding the group.

"Kaminari stop. Just- Just stop!" Mina manage to say through her giggle fit.

The electric blond sighed, taking in his defeat before speaking again. "Kay, so, who wants to play Mario Kart?? It's finally friday, we could stay up late."

"I can't man, sorry." Kirishima answered, getting a whine from the electric blond.

"What? Why? You always beat my ass anyways!" Kaminari whined.

"I have something important to do first bro, maybe tomorrow." The red head responded before taking Katsuki's with him up to his dorm.

"8 hours are done, gotta take these things off." Kirishima said as he closed the door behind him.

"Is that why you said no? To take it off?" Katsuki tried to protest, watching Kirishima fold his arms across his chest.

"We have to take care of ourselves Kat! Especially if you want to get top surgery later, if you don't bind correctly you might not be able to get it and you dont want that do you?" The red head continued to try and convince him.

"And how do you know that? Huh?" Katsuki's responded, his own arms folding infront of himself as he scowled.

"I did some research." Kirishima said with a small smile as he walked into the bathroom. "And you're taking it off! No excuses!" He yelled from behind the door, the blond rolling his eyes.

Katsuki sat on his bed as he waited for Kirishima to leave the bathroom.

He wondered if Kirishima would always be like this from now on. So protective and paying attention to what he did.

Sure he was acting as if he was his mom, but in some part deep inside Katsuki's chest, he didn't really mind it. It felt kind of nice.

He had never let someone in how he had let Kirishima recently. Of course , the doubts inside him about how the red head would be once that quirk's effect rubbed off still remained in his head. Would he just forget about everything? Would he stop caring as much?

Katsuki knew that wasn't under his control so he tried to make himself stop thinking about it. He remembered the conversation Kirishima was having with Mina, thinking of how interested the red head looked as she talked to her. His mind threw him back to what Kirishima had said to him a couple of minutes ago.

"I did some research."

That sweet smile and determined eyes made Katsuki's chest flutter with a warmth he wasn't sure he had ever felt before.

It would be kind of annoying to have Kirishima on his heels all the time from now on, but he found some strange comfort in the idea of someone looking after him.

Maybe Kirishima being hit by this quirk instead of him wasn't as bad as he had thought.

A/N: Okay y'all i fixed it- I hit publish on accident I'm sorry ;;-;;
This is much shorter but I promise the next one will be longer,,
I love the idea of the Kirishima and Mina friendship,, Mina just gives me supportive asf vibes and I'm here for it 😌🤟
Thanks for reading my bs 🥺
I read every single coment and I love all of you so much tak care of urselvessss
I'll update again soon I promise-