Chapter 7: Understanding

"Guys wait up! Where are you going?" Kirishima asked, enthusiastic as always as he watched the guys go to walk out of the dorm room building.

"Oh- um- we were actually gonna go get beer in secret again." Sero answered, a little bit worried that a teacher would find out if he spoke too loudly.

"Why didn't you guys tell me? I wanna come with, hold up give me two minutes-" The red head said as he started walking backwards towards the stairs.

"Wait Kiri! Dont- Don't change.." Kaminari stoped him before he left, a frown slowly forming on Kirishima's features. "What? Why?"

"Well, we were just thinking that, since you're a girl and all-"

"I'm not a girl."

Kirishima's voice was harsh and strong, his eyes sharp with a glare that could cut the other two teens in half.

"We know that but.. You know that the things we do and say when we're out of campus aren't really, how do I put this- Meant to be said infront of someone like you." Sero tried his best to save the situation, making it fourhundred and thirty seven times worse instead.

"Someone like me?" Kirishima's expresion was deemed unrecognizable by the two boys in question. His red eyes looked filled to the brim with disbelief and anger.

"W-Well yeah-"

"You know what? Just shut the fuck up. Bring me a six pack then." 

And with that, the red head turned around and walked up the stairs, not looking back for a single second.

"Did Kirishima just... curse?" Kaminari asked, eyes glued to the now empty stairs, getting nothing but a shrug from the other, his eyes just as wide as the blond's.

•~•~•

"Hey Kaminari I was wonder-..."

Kirishima opened the door to Kaminari's dorm without knocking, the usual, watching as the bright blond scrambled to pick up a shirt and put it on.

"U-Um yeah? Sorry about that Kirishima." The blond spoke with a nervous grin, a blush spread across his cheeks all the way up to his cheeks.

"Is something wrong? Are you sick or something?" Kirishima asked, brows furrowed in question as he looked at Kaminari closing an app on his phone.

"Nothing's wrong Kiri don't worry about it." He said, the nervousness basicly imprinted into his lips.

"Can I check something on your phone?" Kirishima asked, that wasn't the original purpose to his visit but now he just couldn't put the thought out of his head. He was sure he was overthinking, but he just had to make sure.

"What- Why? No!" Kaminari denied, putting his phone into his pocket and taking a step back.

"Why not?" Kirishima asked, his voice growing in power as he took a step forward in response. "We always use each other's phones, what the hell are you hiding from me?"

"Kirishima I'm sorry we were talking about you and- and I got... I.." Kaminari tried to explain, his voice trailing off.

Kirishima started walking backwards towards the door, eyes glued to the floor. "I fucking hate this." He said between gritted teeth before had slammed the door shut and left.

It wasn't that he couldn't believe that Kaminari could have a crush on him or something like that. It was the fact that he was 100% sure it had to do with his current situation, which made his stomach twist and turn in both discomfort and fury.

•~•~•

Kirishima walked down the stairs to the common area.

It was friday night and if he had guessed right most of his friend group would be playing videogames at the lounge. He looked at the screen, he was right, a videogame was playing and Kaminari's screams were wild as he tried not to be beated by Sero.