Chapter 7: The Table has Turned

Warning, not warning.

What warning? Idk.

Just enjoy the show. (☞⌐■_■)☞

***

The bell at the end of school could be heard from the gym locker room. A lingering smell of dirty laundry filled the room as I sat on the bench, waiting for the person to come.

I had chosen the room where I was lent gym clothes and a towel from the rabbit guy. Of course, I already made sure that no one would come here. It would be troublesome if someone bangs in when we were in the middle of a secret talk.

Now that I really did it, there was no turning back.

I leaned my back mid-air and sighed. Such a hassle to have a normal life, whether it was this life or past life. What did I do to get this?

...

No, maybe this was what they called karma. My hands were already dirty long before I came to this world. How many lives did I ruin in my previous world? Twenty? Thirty? Well, I didn't count them, and they deserved it anyway.

I sighed and shook my head. If I could, I didn't want to return to my past self. For the past one-half years, I had tried to become a normal person. I already worked hard to have a home, an honest job, and get along with people around me. Of course, all of it was gone since I died.

Well, I didn't have any choice this time. I already decided that I would do anything I could to have a normal life. As long as I was careful enough and drew my limit, I could keep a low profile.

I heard the door open. Bronte came into the room with a dark expression. After he closed the door, it was just the two of us in the room.

"Welcome, young master. I'm happy that you accept my invitation today." I stood up, put my hand on my chest, and bowed at him as I greeted him politely.

"Cut your crap! How did you know of the event that happened at my mansion last night?" He cut straight to the main point.

"Relax, young master. It's not wise for you to raise your voice like that." I put my left arm behind my back and my right index finger on my mouth. "You still need to maintain the Pettersons family name, right?"

I knew he hated this kind of thing. He disliked his family that treated him like air, yet he also flaunted his family name outside. Seriously, what a joke.

Seeing he could explode at any second I clapped my hand. "Alright. Let's put the 'young master' play aside for now and get to the main business, shall we?"

"It doesn't matter how I know about all of it." I sat down, rested my right legs on my left knee, and put my hand on my right arm. Posing like a real boss, I talked with an arrogant tone. "What really matters is that I do know, and you should be careful about what choices you decide to make next."

He crossed his hand and raised one eyebrow. "And what do you mean by that?"

I pulled a bundle of papers from my bag and gave them to him. He doubly took it and read the contents. I was impressed by how he really took his time reading that kinda-long document. I thought he was the type who disliked reading too much, so I already prepared the abridged version with markers on the important points to make him understand more easily while mocking him at the same time, but it seems it was pointless.

He read the document carefully, frowned at some point until his face gradually turned into a mask of shock.

"T-this...!?"

"Interesting, isn't it?" I crossed my legs as I amusedly watched him checking every page in confusion.

He seemed to be at a loss for words for a while. He turned his gaze to me with bulging eyes. "H-how ...?"