04. bellatrix black

chapter four,

bellatrix black

When Lucius Malfoy promised not to write to Mrs. Greengrass about Beatrice's fight (if it could even be called that) with Seraphina, Beatrice did not think that he would end up writing to her mother instead. Therefore she was rightfully quite shocked by the contents of her mother's most recent letter.

Just over a week had passed since her and Lucius's conversation by the water fountain, and Beatrice was sitting at her usual isolated spot at the edge of the Gryffindor table — eating a rather large bowl of Greek yoghurt and berries - when Caligula dropped dropped a familiar rose-coloured envelope on her lap.

My Dearest Beatrice,

I hope that you are well. Affairs are thriving at home — your father has decided he is finally going to write out his auto-biography, in which he will be drawing societal conclusions from his interactions with those of different blood-statuses and species. He tells me that all of the gentlemen from the club are very excited about it.

On a more pressing note, your cousin Lucius has written to tell me that you have had a falling out with Seraphina Greengrass. It troubles me to hear this, as the two of you have always been such good friends.

From what Lucius has told me, it does not sound as though you have settled in very well at Hogwarts, but do not fret, for I believe I have found a solution! As I am sure you know, Beauxbatons takes students from all over the Mediterranean, so as you have Italian citizenship, you are technically eligible for a transfer.

They do not have a sorting system at Beauxbatons, so you would not have to worry about being forced to socialize with the wrong sorts of people. You would of course have to be fluent in French, but if we were to withdraw you from Hogwarts now, you could spend the rest of the year practicing at home, and restart your first year next September.

I am sure that your cousins Allesandro, Arabella and Tiziana would be delighted to support your transition. Allesandro and Arabella are currently in their second and fourth years respectively, and finding the school to be delightful. Tiziana is to start her education there next September, so the two of you could be in the same year — dorm-mates, even!

If you would like your father to arrange this, please write back to me as soon as possible, since Eduardo is travelling to France next Monday regardless.

Please take care, my baby, and make sure to listen to Lucius!

Lots of Love,

Theodora Salvatore