20. everybody loves quidditch

chapter twenty,

everybody loves quidditch

September 27th, 1972

Dear Beatrice,

Please meet me outside of the Great Hall tomorrow morning at six o' clock. I would recommend you dress in warm clothes.

Yours sincerely,

Regulus Black

Beatrice furrowed her eyebrows as she reread Regulus's letter on the morning of the twenty-eighth of September. She had woken up early and bundled up in warm clothes as the note had suggested, but still couldn't fathom why all this was necessary. If they were to go on a walk outside, would it not make more sense to wait until after classes that afternoon when it would certainly be a few degrees warmer? Beatrice passed the note to Alice — after apologizing profusely for accidentally waking her up — who read it through once and sighed longingly.

"Oh, Beatrice, you're so lucky! I'd kill to have boys fawning over me like they do to you!"

Beatrice frowned, "What do you mean?"

Alice looked at her with wide eyes, "What do I mean? You're friends with all the Gryffindor boys in our year, and apparently even Slytherins are lining up to go on romantic morning walks with you too..."

Beatrice snorted, "Trust me, there is absolutely nothing romantic going on with any of my friends." She paused for a second, trying to remember a name... "And don't you have that cute third-year friend anyways? Longbottom, or something?"

Alice looked horrified. "Frank?!" she screeched (so loudly Beatrice was surprised she didn't wake up any of the other girls). "No way! That would be... it would... blegh!"

Beatrice laughed. "Now you know how I feel about Regulus and the boys!" 

After a couple of minutes of light conversation about who's friends would make worse boyfriends, Beatrice realized the time and went back to her side of the dorm to make sure she was all ready to meet her friend. As she packed up an extra sweater into her bag, a marvelous idea flitted into her head. "Fortescue? If you want I could introduce you properly to my friends? I think you and Remus would really..." she trailed off. Alice had already fallen back to sleep.