13. sirius's ten step plan to not get crucified

chapter twelve,

sirius's ten step plan to not get crucified

To Beatrice, it felt strange to be boarding the Hogwarts Express to return home for the summer. The year had felt so long and action packed, what with her unexpected sorting, short-lasting friendship with Bellatrix Black, penpalship with Regulus, precarious haircut and its unexpected consequences, that the last few calm and routine weeks seemed fleeting in comparison.

She expressed these thoughts to the group as they settled down in a compartment, to mixed responses. Remus happily recited the muggle expression "time flies when you're having fun", while Sirius (who hadn't returned home for Christmas) glumly muttered something about "the calm before the storm".

As much as Beatrice appreciated Remus's sentiment (she added it to her ever-growing list of muggle sayings), she couldn't help but feel more on par with Sirius's pessimism...

"Sirius! That's the most atrocious plan I've ever heard!"

It was the last night of school and Beatrice Salvatore and Sirius Black were brainstorming in the boys' dormitories.

"Atrocious..." James mused in the background. "Do they give you Sacred Twenty-Eight kids vocab lessons or something?"

"Yes they do, now shut up — this is important!" said Sirius, who had recently revealed the prejudice ways of his "sacred-psycho" parents. "Beatrice, the plan is great! By far the best we've made so far!"

This did not help reassure the young witch. "It's the only plan we've made so far!"

Sirius just brushed this aside and continued, "We can go over it again if you want?"

Beatrice flopped back on the spare bed. "Fine, whatever. Fire away."

Remus perked up from the back of the room. "You used a muggle expression! That's five points for Beatrice!"

Sirius rolled his eyes, "Peter! Add it to the blood-traitor board!"

Peter ran over to the corner of the dormitory where the "blood-traitor board" (which was really just James's whiteboard repurposed) was hanging, and added five lines under Beatrice's name.