/29/F҉I҉R҉E҉W҉O҉R҉K҉S҉

January 17th, 2010

It's hard to decipher reality from a nightmare sometimes. The two blend in so well like paint on a canvas.
Everything could feel so unreal and disorienting to the point where all you could do is watch while your subconscious takes control.

Kinda like right now.

It's been a while since you've seen Lyra, sure you could see her at school and socialize with her on the phone but... its not the same as going to her house almost everyday and just hanging out with her and Connie.
So as soon as you got the news that Toby was doing better and that you could come over again... you were ecstatic.

Though when you got there the feeling quickly died down faster than you could react.

You see, the plan was simple.
You're aware that— according to Toby's therapist— after a while he came to terms with how unsettling his behaviour towards you was and quickly lost interest in you.
Even with the possibility of this being true it's better to be cautious.

As long as you're not alone with him you'll be safe.
As long as you're around people.

But of course you cant have that.

The day you came over Lyra was at soccer practice with Connie... which left you with Richard and... Toby.

It wasn't like Richard even cared anyways so instead of staying and keeping an eye on you he left to go to a bar...
leaving you with the only person you wanted to avoid.

... CHANGE OF PLANS LET'S GO!!!

You can't leave now, you promised Lyra you would stay and wait for her.
So instead you decided to just kill time by finishing your homework on the kitchen counter.
Good thing about the kitchen is that there are a lot of knives and the entrance to this house isn't too far away... though you doubt you would ever actually need those things.

You sigh to yourself, breaking out of your thoughts and finishing up the next question in the shitty math review that was due tomorrow.

As your pencil hovers over the next question it immediately comes to a halt at the sudden sound of someone entering the kitchen.

Fuck... no, no, no! Please, no!
Let it be someone else, please! You need a break!

Though you knew well who it was. Even if you've been gone for a hot minute you could still distinguish the feeling you always got when you felt Toby's ice cold stare.
It was so cold that it fucking burned.

You turn your head slightly to indicate where Toby stood.
He leaned against the kitchen table, not that far from where you stood at the counter. Great.
He looks older... a lot more taller and... scary.
You couldn't really see a clear shot of his face but you could tell there was a casual yet unsettling smirk that he held.
It set you on edge.

You turn your head back to your homework. You couldn't even focus on the questions anymore.
Why is it getting so hard to breath?

Toby's hands rest against the ledge on either side of you, encasing you in his arms and silencing all of your racing thoughts.

Now he's too close.

You can feel your breath hitch as he gently places his chin on your shoulder, his arms now tightly wrapped around your waist as he pulls you closer against him.

Why can't you move? Why cant you just do something?

"I m-missed y-you, _______."
He hums in a relieved sort of way.