ii

Palettes POV-

I sit in my room on my window sill watching the rain drip down the window and listen to the tap tap tap on the roof.

I finally lean against the frame boards leaving my hunched over position. I was lost in thought as I mindlessly play with a small paint brush.

The brush's wood is smooth rosewood with a silver part separating the wood from the bristles. There is different carvings on the wood and they look horribly done. But the brush means to much to me to care. And there is also a chain attached to it, to wear as a necklace.

He meant to much to me. But then he disappeared without a trace. I always tried to look on the bright side after that but deep inside I was silently hurting. My older brothers were upset when I didn't cry when they told us.

My oldest brother was disappointed in me while the one who didn't disappear and is acrossed the hall from me sleeping right now attacked me yelling I'm souless.

Crying is a weakness I always thought. Before I realized it wasn't. "It was ok to cry" my father told me over and over again years ago.

I believe that he isn't dead yet and he might come back home to us along with my oldest brother, but it's just a belief.

Thunder interrupted my thought making me look over the window where I have a view of the yard and forest behind it.

The wind was getting stronger by the look of it and it was pouring. "Is there going to be a hurricane or something" I mumbled to myself.

I look around my room and my eye lights land on the paintings and pictures all over my light green wall.

On the other side of the wall is where my used to be litte brothers room used to be. But ink boarded it up to 'forget'. Which is ruthless of him to do.

My phone starts playing a storm warning. I listen as all the phone's in the house start going off.

I slid off the window still and walk over the my annoying phone. Hurricane warning my phone flashes. 'So I was accurate' I think to myself unplugging my phone and walking out of the room.

Once I get in the hall, light hit the wall for a second then disappeared. I look out the window in the hall watching the weather get worse before it can get better.

I walk down the hall watching light flash every so often. Once I reach the staircase I quietly walk down.

On the last stair I look into the livingroom seeing no one in there. I walk towards the kitchen as my hand touches the wall as I walk.

My feet touch the cold tile of the dark kitchen. The stove and microwave read 5:30am. "Another night with struggle to sleep" I muddred out loud.

I sit on one of the stools around the island as I watch the rain start to clear up. 'Looks like school will be in session today' I think putting my phone on the counter.

I hum a song as I watch the clouds start to clear revealing the very few stars still in the sky.

I start to feel a wave of tired hit me as I lay my head on the counter as I close my 'eyes'. And I finally drift off to sleep without realizing it.

Next thing I know I woke up by PJ yanking me off the stool. "The hell PJ" I yell laying on the floor.

"Palette, no" I heard dad yell from the livingroom.

"Sorry" I yell back getting up and grabbing my phone.

"You look like you've been to hell and back" PJ joked grabbing a bowl out of the cabinet. "What time did you get up."

I look at the time "7:12" I answered slipping my phone in my pocket.

"Not now time, when you came down here" he asked.

"Erm 5:30" I answered with a yawn.

He stays silent as he continues to make his food. I sigh walking out of the kitchen and quickly walk to my room to change.

Once I finish changing I noticed I dropped the paint brush. I pick it up by the chain and slip it over my skull. I tucked it under my jacket so no one can see it.

I put my hat on and walk down stairs again. I see PJ in the living talked to error. Blue is probably in the kitchen and my parents talking quietly to each other.

"Come on PJ were going to be late" I say opening the front door.

"Coming" he answered in a bored tone.

We walk out the door saying bye and start walking to school.

"So why were you up so early" he asked not looking up from his phone.

"Couldn't sleep" I simply answered.

"Mhm that was your excuse yesterday, would you like to explain why you're up" PJ questioned.

"No" I answered really wanting to fiddling with the paint brush.

After that the rest of the walk was silent. When we get there we go our separate ways.

I reached my locker putting in the simple combination. I opened my locker and put my satchel in my locker grabbing my books.

I close my locker and walk to homeroom. I noticed goth had not showed up yet so I sit in my usual spot doodling in my notebook. Then my thoughts went to PJ actually caring about me this morning.

I promised myself I will not take it lightly as it might be one of his sick pranks on me.

I felt someone tap my shoulder and I look up to see goth. "Hi gothy" I smile

"Hello palette" he says giving me a soft smile.

"Attention class" the teacher spoken up. "Science for everyone is cancelled due to an explosion caused by another student, you will report to the library for study hall, now lets start attendance."

Goth left to sit down in his seat as the teacher started. 'I have an feeling something bad is going to happen today' I think as I close my notebook.