1

There's always been four of you, however, when your older brother Sam left for Stanford you decided to leave hunting as well, leaving your two other siblings, Dean and Katie to continue hunting. 

"Where will you go?" Sam asks you once the two of you are far enough away from the motel.

"England, preferably London... I want to stay out of this life for as long as possible." You reply. "I already have my passport and everything." 

Sam looks a little surprised but doesn't say anything about it. Instead he says: "Promise me that you will look after yourself and please text me when you get there."

"Of course Sammy." Before the two of you go your separate ways, your older brother pulls you into a hug and kisses your forehead. As you're walking you look over your shoulder once watching Sam's receding form. The song Separate Ways by Journey gets stuck in your head as you head to the airport.

🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝

When you arrive in London and text Sam, you grab a newspaper looking for someplace to stay. You find somewhere that is relatively cheap- but there is a slight issue. You don't have the money to hail a cab and you don't know London very well so you're hesitant to go on the tube. For you the best option is walking, despite the fact that it is starting to rain. All you have to protect you from the elements is your second-hand leather jacket. It repels water fine but it isn't the warmest thing in the world.

By the time you get to 221b Baker street you are drenched head to toe with freezing rainwater. You knock on the door, to keep your mind off the cold for a little bit you open up your locket and look at the picture within. The picture is of you and your siblings just goofing around. You look up from your family's smiling faces when you hear someone ask if they could help you. After a quick explanation, you're allowed inside.

The landlady introduces herself as Mrs. Hudson. "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Hudson, I'm Y/N Winchester." You answer with a kind smile. Mrs. Hudson then leads you upstairs where two men are lounging around in the front room. The shorter of the two look up from what he is doing and notices how wet your clothes are and how you're still shivering.

"Here, take this." He says as he hands you a blanket. "I'm John and that's Sherlock." John gestures to the other man sitting across from him.

"Thanks." You answer as you drape the blanket over your shoulders. "I'm Y/N."

"How do you feel about the violin?" Sherlock asks, not even bothering to look away from what he is doing.

"I don't really have a preference. Why do you ask?" You answer looking confused. Sherlock gets out of his chair and stalks over to the fireplace before replying.

"I play the violin when I think."

"Oh..." Your phone starts to ring, you fish it out of your pocket and look at the caller ID- it's your older sister, Katie. You puff out your cheeks before slowly exhaling and answering. "Hey Katie." You say trying to sound optimistic.

"Hey. What in the world happened? I'm gone for three weeks and when I come back you and Sam are gone... and neither dad nor Dean will tell me what happened." Katie says from the other line. You run your free hand down your face as you try to think how to respond.

"A huge fight broke out between the four of us, which resulted in Sam and I leaving. Sammy went to California..." You trail off unsure how to say that you're now in London.

"Where did you go?"

"The other side of the world."

"Do I even want to know how that worked out?" You rub the nape of your neck.