Chapter Two: Into Reality

---

I landed in a small forest, my grappling hook retreated into my glove as I began to walk to this new base Eggman had. I expected the base to be super concealed but it only took me a few minutes to find it, and the base wasn't exactly covered in forest foliage.

Huh, doesn't look that big.

I walked over to the base's entrance and placed my hand on the metal door. The door immediately swung open, I grunted in amusement.

The door wasn't even locked.

The base didn't look big inside either, all that I could see was metal floors and walls that lined the long corridors. I was careful not to activate any traps but I honestly couldn't really see that far down the hallway.

I heard talking from a room further down the hallway and carefully tip toed to the room.

Before I opened the door I felt a red pair of eyes on me. I gulped, the robot started to whizz and whir about.

"INTRUDER. INTRUDER." It screamed.

Panic overtook me and I fired my wispon at the robot, only for the flame to bounce off the robot and ricochet towards me. I ducked and yelped when I heard a pair of footsteps in front of me.

"Well, well, well" Eggman hummed. "What do we have here, eh?"

My ears folded low in fear, but I didn't falter in Eggman's presence.

"What are you doing here?" Eggman asked, stroking his large mustache.

"I...uh..." I gulped. "I was...interested in your newest invention?" I squeaked out, unsure of what Eggman would do.

"And what interests you in my invention to the point you sneak into my base?" Eggman narrowed his eyes behind the glasses he wore. "You're not here with Sonic, are you?"

"No, no!" I shook my head quickly. "I just...lost someone I loved and was wondering if your machine really does work" I explained; I wanted to keep Zero out of this as much as possible but I don't know what I'm going to do if Eggman recognises Zero.

It's a definite gamble of odds here.

Either this works; Eggman doesn't know that the body is Zero and Zero is revived with his memories still intact.

Or, Eggman does realise that the body is of Zero, and if Zero is revived will he get his memories back?

Or rather; the RIGHT memories...

I don't know what I would do if he turned back to his power crazed self.

Eggman hummed, "If you really are alone here, then follow me." he walked into a large, mainly white room. The room only consisted of a few computer screens and a large test chamber displayed in the middle.

However, it did make me uneasy.

"You are to bring the body here, I will do the rest" Eggman commented. "You can stay for the procedure when it takes place"

I nodded, "I'll be back soon then" I turned and quickly left the base, a thousand thoughts bombarded my mind as I grappled away and back into the city to the hospital.

How am I gonna bring Zero to Eggman without getting caught?

Minding the fact that I'd be holding a dead body; as if that isn't weird enough.

As I entered the hospital, I spoke to the same doctor from hours ago and he let me take Zero's body. The doctor was kind enough to let me out the other exit that was less busy so no one noticed me carrying Zero, I thanked him before speeding off with my grappling hook, clutching Zero's body close as I swung.

---

A red pair of eyes watched the wolf leave the city. The hedgehog grunted softly, "Just what do you think you can achieve, wolf?" he scoffed before teleporting away in a flash of light.

---

I entered Eggman's base and walked to the room we were before, thankfully no robots came out of walls to scare the daylights out of me. I pushed the door open and glanced at the large doctor haunched over a computer screen.

"You're here" Eggman stated, not taking his eyes off the computer.

"I have the body" I commented, carrying Zero bridal style.

"Perfect" Eggman grinned and turned around. "Now let's see- oh! what a surprise" he cackled, looking at Zero's body.

I gulped, great...

"So you managed to find him? This just got a whole lot interesting" Eggman smirked. "Place him in the chamber, the revivinator will immediately hook onto the body"

I nodded and placed Zero into the chamber; the chamber was massive compared to me so it took a few minutes but I managed to keep him inside and the device immediately latched onto Zero's wrists, head, ankles and heart area.

I was worried about how the ruby would react to the revival.

It didn't really react when Zero died, but I'm afraid that the sudden jolt back into reality might reactivate the ruby and it might go on a killing spree...

Hopefully not, though.

I stepped back from the chamber and stood beside Eggman, I was very anxious about this device; knowing that Eggman has a reputation for failing robots and devices in the past.

I still kept my wispon hooked onto my belt in case something went wrong or Eggman turned on me; because everyone knows that participating in anything with that crazy doctor leads to one or more fatalities, you'd be lucky if there was no fatalities.

It also concerned me if Zero would be okay with me siding with Eggman temporarily in order to revive him.

My thoughts were interrupted by the whizz of the machine as it worked, I brought my attention to the chamber. My ears picked up on the familiar whirr of the ruby as it glowed from inside the chamber, I got increasingly worried.

---

After five intense minutes, the machine slowed down to an eventual halt. The ruby's glow also slowed to a stop and all was still and quiet.

Until a foot stepped out of the chamber.