Chapter 2. Married or not married is the question?

Once Barry and Oliver had arrived at Star Labs they tried to explain to Cisco, Caitlin and Iris that something had happened with reality as they all know it.
"So you're saying you're not married?" Cisco asked in confusion after Oliver and Barry had tried to tell them everything.
  "Yes!" Barry and Oliver responded frustratedly at the same time. They shared an embarrassed look and Barry quickly broke eye contact.
"Iris, you've got to believe me. You and I are married in the actual reality." Barry said as he was trying to convince her.
"Sweetie. You haven't had feelings for me since the day you went to Starling City five years ago." Iris said softly and tried to explain the new reality. "When you returned your life had already changed even before you got your powers. Because of him." she explained and threw a glance at Oliver. Barry blushed and couldn't look at the man who was apparently his husband.
Suddenly Caitlin entered the room again. "I checked your scans. Everything is fine with the both of you." she said.
Barry sighed. "Then how are we the only ones who remembers the actual reality?" he asked and threw a quick glance at Oliver and then he glanced at Iris again. "Doesn't even a tiny little part of you remember our lives together?" he asked her. Iris comfortingly took Barry's hand.
"I remember the day you moved in after your mother died, us growing up together, the way you had a crush on me. But we became even closer when you told me you were into boys as well. Suddenly we could talk about the ones we found cute and we'd gush over the handsome -presumably dead then alive again- billionaire from Starling City." she said and Barry blushed even more and could definitely not look at Oliver right now. He wondered if he felt as embarrassed as he did himself. "And I remember covering for you when you first started seeing Oliver, anytime you would sneak out of the house cause my dad didn't approve." Iris added and in a weird way what she was saying could've easily been true. Joe definitely didn't like the Vigilante Oliver was back then. "Barry, you know why I don't believe this whole other reality you guys are talking about? Because you ended up marrying your hero and Prince Charming. And you managed to save him from a life of darkness." Iris said and Barry finally glanced at Oliver even though he couldn't hide his blushing cheeks and he noticed Oliver blushing too before he cleared his throat.
"And you married Felicity?" Oliver asked with a skeptical tone in his voice. Iris nodded.
"Yeah. We actually had a double wedding with the two of you." she clarified and Barry and Oliver exchanged a look. It was like they thought. Whoever rewrote reality went back to that moment and swapped them at the wedding.
"Actually, that's when you and I got married and Oliver married Felicity." Barry said and looked at Iris with intensity trying to reach her. But she only giggled.
"Felicity wouldn't marry him. She was broken-hearted when Oliver picked you over her. Because he had told her that Barry Allen couldn't be trusted and that she definitely shouldn't date him." Iris said and Oliver and Barry exchanged another awkward look. Oliver actually didn't trust Barry in the beginning, but he couldn't believe he did that.
"And then a coma and some super-speed later you started dating Barry yourself." Caitlin said and threw a glance at Oliver. Barry noticed she sounded a bit irritated at Oliver and was protective over Felicity.
"Yeah, you pretty much ruined men for her and then shortly after you two started dating, Barry introduced Felicity to me and eventually we started dating too because she was there for me after Eddie died." Iris explained.
"But we're trying to tell you guys those things, didn't actually happen and Ollie and I aren't married." Barry said and pointed at himself and then at Oliver. Cisco gave them a suspicious look because of the way Barry was the only one of them who ever got to use Oliver's familiar nickname.
And the team started questioning them even more as Oliver threw a "very married couple- like" insult at Barry. "Yeah. I could never be married to someone who's that childish and immature." Oliver said and Barry instantly felt offended.
  "I'M THE IMMATURE ONE? You're unbelievable!" Barry raised his voice at Oliver and stood up from the chair he'd been sitting on until now. "At least I've never been immature enough to interrupt my best man's wedding or shot him in the back." he added and everyone drew their breaths as their argument got more and more heated.
"I can't believe you're still not over that, Barry." Oliver said and started walking out of the med-bay and Barry followed.
"Hey! We still gotta convince Iris. Or I'm gonna convince her." Barry said and Oliver sighed and stopped in his step and turned around.
"How? It didn't work so well just now." The archer said and he had a point. Then Barry noticed that Iris had gone out on the balcony and he decided to follow her.
"I'm gonna remind her of our love. She's my lightning rod after all." The speedster said while he walked towards the balcony.
Iris turned her head when she heard Barry appear behind her. Barry leaned in and was about to kiss her to prove that they were telling the truth. But Iris placed her hands on his chest and kept him as arms length. "What are you doing?" she asked and Barry blushed.
"I was going to remind you of us, Iris." he explained and she sighed.
"I'm sorry, Barry, but I'm not gonna cheat on my wife." Iris said and now Barry was the one who sighed.
"But you're not actually married to her! How many times do I have to say that?" he asked and almost raised his voice again. He was so busy being frustrated that he hadn't noticed Oliver appearing behind him.
"We are telling the truth. Why would we lie about this?" The archer asked and Barry turned around and noticed just how close Oliver was standing. Iris took a few steps back.
"Iris. What can I do to prove that we're actually telling the truth? I'll do anything." Barry said while Iris walked away, but stopped in the doorway to the balcony.
  "Kiss him." she said and at first Barry broke out into nervous laughter. Did I hear her correctly? Did she just tell me to kiss Oliver? He glanced at Oliver who blushed too. "If it's an awkward and friendly kiss, I'll believe you're telling the truth." she said.
Oliver worried what the other option was. A passionate first kiss that will tear down these walls I've built around my heart. He could hear his own heart racing in his chest as Barry turned towards him again.
"This means nothing. We're only doing this to prove that we're telling the truth." he ensured the other man while he was trying to ignore the way his heart was threatening to jump out of his chest.
Oliver nodded. "Of course. It means nothing." he repeated, assuring them both, but his heart was screaming our first kiss means everything and they both closed their eyes and leaned in slowly until their lips met.
When their lips met Barry felt a jolt of electricity go through his body from his lips down to his toes. The feeling of Oliver's lips against his wasn't a dream or some kind of fantasy that he'd often have in the past before he married Iris... it was real and it felt amazing. He allowed his lips to melt against Oliver's mouth as he relaxed into the tender kiss.
Oliver slipped his fingers into Barry's hair and deepened the kiss further. He wanted to savor every second of his mouth against Barry's soft lips. I'm kissing Barry Allen. Get a grip! This isn't real, it's a crazy reality.
Barry wrapped his arms around Oliver's neck while he allowed Oliver's tongue to part his mouth open wider. They both sighed but they didn't take their hungry mouths away from each other. All the tension between them for all these years had been building up to this moment. They both wanted the kiss to last for as long as possible. When their lips finally parted they both gasped slightly and slowly opened their eyes.
Oliver brushed his fingers against Barry's cheek and gave him a gentle smile. I'm in love with him, the archer thought the forbidden words.
Barry felt a warmth in his entire body that he'd never felt before. Aside from maybe his first kisses with Iris. But this was still different. The way Oliver's blue eyes were gazing into his as if he could see right into his soul. I hope you can't see what I'm feeling right now. Because it's wrong. It's not our reality. We can never be together. Barry's thoughts made him so confused along with the buzz that he still felt seconds after they stopped kissing. Barry noticed Oliver leaning in again, but before he could kiss him again Iris interrupted their moment.
"Oh my god. You're actually telling the truth." Iris said and they both blushed and turned away from each other.
"You believe us?" Barry asked and glanced quickly at Oliver and felt his cheeks heating up further. How could she believe them when he barely believed themselves anymore? That kiss was definitely not friendly and awkward. It was... breathtaking.
Iris brought Barry back from his daydreams. "Yeah. I believe you... because it looked like you've never kissed each other before. That was your first kiss, wasn't it?" Iris asked and Barry blushed again. First? he thought. Would there be more kisses to come? I'm not sure I can take that. His head was spinning again, but he somehow remembered how to nod.
Oliver was still speechless too and hadn't said a word since that kiss. Barry threw another quick glance at him. "What should we do now then?" he asked and threw out with his arms. "How do we fix this?" he added, but he wasn't sure who he was talking to because he couldn't bring himself to look at either of them. His real Iris would probably not remember this when reality was back to normal, but he would remember it and that was enough to make this situation even more awkward.
"If it's just on this earth maybe you guys should get to Kara's earth?" Iris suggested and dug out a device from Cisco to open a breach to Kara's earth for them. While she did Barry slowly approached Oliver.
"Ollie, is this how it's gonna be... will you never talk to me again?" Barry asked and gently touched his arm. Oliver took a deep breath and then he slipped his hand into Barry's to intertwine their fingers.
"No. We're fine." Oliver said softly and Barry smiled at him.
"Good. Come on. Hopefully we can sort this mess out on Kara's earth." Barry said and they walked through the breach still holding hands. The diamonds in their red and green rings sparkled.

"Not married, my ass." Deegan whispered to himself watching the so called heroes struggle with this new reality he created for them.
"The book of destiny is not just a plaything Mr Deegan...or Kent. Whichever you prefer these days?" The Monitor said. Deegan looked up at the weird figure with the frightening voice who was once again right in front of him.
"Why did you choose me? Why did you give me the book?" Deegan asked and the Monitor remained silent for a few long seconds.
"A Crisis is coming. Heroes may come to reveal themselves as villains and villains will become the heroes. I am simply testing some of these earths most powerful heroes." The Monitor said and that only made Deegan infuriated.
"They only think they're powerful, but these heroes, they're weak. I've got the Green Arrow & The Flash wrapped around my finger and they don't even know it." Deegan said.
"Whatever you do with that book and the powers of this super man. You do not end the lives of Mr Queen and Mr Allen because their test has only begun. I have big plans for them." The Monitor said and disappeared just like he appeared. Into thin air.