Chapter 10. Written In The Stars

Once they were all back on Earth 1, Clark and Oliver went to try and find Deegan while Barry went to look for Kara. Just as he came around the corner he bumped into Kara and Alex. Alex instinctively grabbed Barry and twisted his arm and locked his head under her arm.
  "Ouch." Barry said while Kara went.
  "No, Alex. It's fine, he's with us, he's my friend." she said and Alex let go of Barry.
  "Badass in every reality." Barry sighed while he drew a heavy breath.
  "Thank Rao, you're fine." Kara said and threw her arms around Barry, who hugged her back.
  "You too." he said and squeezed her before letting go of the embrace. "We found your cousin and we'll stop this fraud." he ensured them and they joined the others in the cortex.
  "Well, well, well." Evil Superman said as he walked into the cortex too. Superman charged at him and they both flew outside while they were fighting each other. Kara ripped her shirt and flew after them as Supergirl. Then Barry quickly dug out his ring and switched into his suit and suddenly Oliver was dressed in his out of nowhere too. They shared a smile before Barry ran out there.
   Superman had managed to open the Book of Destiny and start to change the new reality back to how it was supposed to be. When suddenly evil Superman snuck up behind Barry and strangled him.
  "Make him close it or I snap his neck!" he yelled and Oliver showed up and drew back his bow.
  "No!" he yelled and evil Superman glared at him furiously.
  "Then your friend dies." he said.
  Oliver wasn't sure what angered him the most, the horrible site of Barry being in danger or the fact that Evil Superman just referred to Barry as "his friend" because he's so much more than a friend. "Not if I kill you first!" he said as a threat.
  "No, Oliver don't! Not for me. You don't have to do this, you don't have to channel your darkness. You can overcome it. You can be better." Every word Barry said made Oliver's hand on the bow relax further. "Maybe that's the Monitor's test." he added and Oliver slowly lowered his bow after sharing an intense look with Barry for a couple more seconds.
  As soon as Evil Superman had let go of Barry, he rushed up to Kara. Earlier they had mentioned a dangerous plan to run in opposite directions to change reality back without the book. The downside was that it could kill them. When Oliver realized what they were about to do he rushed to the middle of the street where they'd found The Monitor the first time, this time he found a building that looked a bit familiar.
  "Novu! I know you're in there you son of a bitch!" Oliver yelled while trying to open the door.
  "I'm not afraid of you! I'm not impressed by you! Stop your games and show yourself!" He continued while he kicked the door in.
  "So much passion!" The Monitor said. "And hubris. To think, that if you just yell loud enough you can command a god." he continued while he remained completely calm.
  "You're not a god." Oliver said with a sharp voice.
  "Yet, there isn't a name for what I am, so I suppose "god" will have to do. You know your time is limited. I'm not sure what little remains is best spent making demands of me. I already told you what you had to do." The Monitor said.
  "I know what happens to Barry and Kara." Oliver sighed. I know my fate. I know what will happen if I make this deal, but if I don't they'll die. And I can't live with that either.
"Mmm. And now you're here in the faint hope I can alter it?" The Monitor wondered and looked at the impatient and angry man in front of him.
  "Well, you just said you were a god." Oliver said before he continued. "Now, I don't think you're testing us to see if we're strong enough. I think you're testing us to see if we are good enough. And I don't think, in any of the universes you've tested, that anyone has ever stood and confronted you like this." Oliver said and raised his voice again. This God or whatever he is infuriates me more than anyone.
  "Yes. You are the first in a multitude." The Monitor said and turned his back on Oliver again.
"I'm not who you need!" he yelled. "You said I'd pass the test if I knew my true self. My true self is filled with darkness. But Barry and Kara are different. They inspire hope. They inspire people because they are the best of us." he took a few steps closer with every word he said. And he could feel tears burning in his eyes. The thought of losing them is unbearable. "And if this test of yours is gonna kill our best chance at stopping this crisis, well, as gods go, you're not a very smart one." he continued and stared the Monitor down.
  "The universe is a complex piece of machinery, and balance must be maintained. One change requires another. How would you propose I keep the balance?" The Monitor asked.
  "I know what happens. I know that they and everyone else I care about survives. If my life for the sake of theirs is what it'll take then it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make." Oliver said and the Monitor looked at him with surprise. Even an ancient being who's been around for ages, he was surprised.
  "Where does this willingness to die come from?" The Monitor asked.
  Oliver sighed and closed his eyes. "Because if Barry and Kara dies, my life would be over anyway." he sighed and just like that he found himself with a special arrow on the stairs outside Star Labs.
  Superman was still fighting evil Superman while Barry and Kara was running in opposite directions around the earth. Then Oliver fired the special arrow right into the book of destiny and the reality was restored. Everything slowed down. Lois fell into Superman's arms. Evil Superman fell to the ground and turned back into his own self and died. Oliver walked up and closed the book of destiny as The Martian Manhunter landed on the ground.
  "Barry and Kara." Clark said while he and Lois approached Oliver. "You had more faith than I did." he added with a proud smile.
  "I don't know Kara as well as I know Barry." Oliver said. Her cousin doesn't have to know I've seen them both naked. "But when things get tough he doesn't slow down. He digs deeper and runs faster." he continued with pride.
  "That's my cousin to a T." Clark said with a proud smile before Barry and Kara joined them. Brainy appeared out of the blue too while Barry and Kara shared a hug.
  "Come on, you guys." Kara said and smiled as she invited Oliver, Clark, Lois, J'onn and Brainy to join the big group hug. Not even Oliver could hide a chuckle while they were hugging it out.