Chapter 8. Destiny

"Hello Mr Deegan." The Monitors voice echoed in his cell in a hidden ARGUS facility. Deegan looked up at him in confusion. He'd been stuck in there for less than 24 hours but it felt like an eternity, the last face he hoped to see was the dude who's stupid book led him here.
  "You messed with the book of destiny and now you have to do me one last favor. Bring me Oliver Queen, Barry Allen and Kara Danvers. ALIVE." The Monitor said and left the cell open before he disappeared into thin air like he always did. Deegan noticed he left the book of destiny on the floor in the prison. A wicked smile crossed his face and he opened it.
  "Who wouldn't trust Superman?" he said and turned himself back into the skin of superman before he left the prison cell.

After Barry rushed out of the ARGUS interrogation room he just ran around in Star City with no clear goal where he was heading. Eventually he decided to run back to ARGUS. I can't avoid Iris and Oliver forever. I have to talk to them. His mind was spinning and suddenly he noticed another speedster running beside him so he stopped. But the other speedster stopped too. Barry felt a wave of confusion wash over him when he saw the face of the other speedster since he was already so filled with emotions he couldn't think clearly. "Dad?" he asked with a surprised voice.
  "No, I'm the Flash from earth 90 and I was looking for you and your friends. I could really use your help." The other speedster said, who apparently was also Barry Allen, not Jay Garrick or his father as Barry's first thought had been. They headed inside ARGUS again and met Oliver, Kara and Diggle.
  "You're not wearing your ring." The other The Flash said to Diggle who simply looked very confused.

A few minutes later after Earth 90's Barry Allen had told them his Earth had been destroyed by some creature called Mar Novu or The Monitor with a book that could change reality, Oliver, Barry, Kara and 90's Flash found themselves in the middle of the street.
  The Monitor suddenly appeared out of the blue. "Mar Novu, you're gonna stand down!" Oliver said with a sharp voice.
  "That's enough! You will not do to this earth what you did to mine." The other Barry Allen said and started running towards the Monitor but disappeared into a breach.
  "He says you were testing us!" Oliver said.
  "Yes, and so far I'm unimpressed. A crisis is coming. Someone far more powerful than myself." The Monitor said.
  Oliver, Barry and Kara exchanged worried looks. "Why did you hand a nut bar a book that could rewrite reality?" Barry asked. He couldn't look at Oliver because he wasn't sure they were even friends anymore. Oliver seemed to ignore him and avoid him as much as he could since the talk with Iris and Felicity.
  "Because I was testing you... Oliver Queen. And now I wish to have a private conversation with you." The Monitor said and both Barry and Kara quickly moved in front of Oliver.
  "The hell you are!" Barry said. Even though he was confused by Oliver at the moment, he wouldn't let whoever this Monitor guy was, take him anywhere.
  "Barry, it's fine... I can handle myself." Oliver said and walked past him and Kara.
  "I'm not letting you do this alone." Barry said and grabbed Oliver's wrist. "Please, Ollie, don't." he added and he realized his voice sounded so much more desperate than what he intended. He looked pleadingly at the man who had been his husband a while ago.
Oliver felt a warmth pass through him and he gently squeezed Barry's hand. Suddenly they found themselves on some platform that seemed to exist in outer space. They both looked around in confusion.
  "Why did you bring us here?" Oliver asked and then he realized he was still holding Barry's hand before he let it go.
"We're here to talk about your destiny." The Monitor said. His short sentences started to get on their nerves especially Oliver and he lost his temper.
  "BUT, WHY ARE YOU TESTING US?" Oliver raised his voice and the Monitor scoffed.
  "Oliver Queen. The man who channels his hubris and anger and calls it strength." he continued. "That will be your downfall." The Monitor added before he snapped with his fingers and visions played out in front of them.
{Red skies were swallowing the earth. Shadows. "Oliver!" The Flash yelled. "I gave it all up for you and Kara." Dying Oliver. "He can't be dead not him." "Barry and I are going to use the Lazarus pit to bring my father back" Earth 90 Barry vanishing. Resurrected Oliver. Spectre. Green lightning. "Are you Oliver Queen?" "Yes." "Then I trust you with every cell in my body." Anti-Monitor. "You have failed this universe!" "Keep going." Oliver dies. "For Oliver!" "Thank you, Oliver." "I will never forget you."}
  Oliver and Barry stared at each other in shock and confusion after the visions that they just witnessed. "What the hell was that?" Barry asked and turned to the Monitor.
  "Your destiny." he replied and snapped them both out of there.