Chapter 3. An Unexpected Wedding

When Barry and Oliver arrived on Earth 38, or as they know it Kara's earth, they found themselves in a barn somewhere on a countryside. A woman was threatening them with a gigantic hammer but thankfully Kara swooped in. "No. Lois, it's fine. They're my friends, Barry and Oliver." she said and introduced them to the woman who still looked unsure what to do with her weapon until a man stepped into the barn as well.
"Guys, this is my cousin Clark." Kara said and introduced the man.
  Barry glanced at him. "That cousin? The super cousin?" he asked with a surprised voice. Clark smiled.
  "Please call me Clark. Welcome to our farm." he said and with a "cool" Barry looked from the famous superhero to Oliver who was puffing out his chest in an attempt to look intimidating but he seemed threatened by the famous superhero.
  "Are you puffing out your chest?" Barry asked.
  "Yes." Oliver replied and Barry squeezed his eyes shut in embarrassment.
"Anyway, what are you guys doing here? I suspect you didn't drop by just for a visit?" Kara said. Oliver and Barry shared an embarrassed look before they showed their rings to them.
  "Everyone on our earth thinks we're married." Oliver explained and couldn't help but blush. Barry felt his cheeks turn red too.
"You aren't?" Lois asked.
  Barry and Oliver felt even more embarrassed when she said that. Wow she just met us and she already thinks we're married. Are we really that bad at hiding it? Barry thought and felt his cheeks heating up even more.
Oliver, Barry and Kara walked out of the barn to talk in privacy and started walking towards the yellow house on the Kent farm, where they apparently had ended up.
"So what happened?" Kara asked and stopped walking for a second before she picked up the pace again.
  "We don't know. That's why we're here to get your help." Barry said and shrugged at his shoulders.
  "No one on our earth seems to remember the actual reality and we don't remember the one they're talking about." Oliver added and for a split second he had to fight the urge to reach out and take Barry's hand since it was just a few inches from his own while they were walking.
"Yeah, you guys definitely comes from a new reality when you haven't even given me any alien insults yet." Kara said with a smile and threw a look at Oliver.
  "Sorry if my mind is preoccupied with more important things at the moment." he responded with a clenched jaw and sighed. Kara started giggling.
  "Such as your huuusband." she dragged the word out while she blinked with her eyelashes and forced Barry closer towards Oliver. They both blushed when their bodies bumped into each other.
  Then Oliver sighed in frustration while Barry couldn't hide a short chuckle. The speedster even intertwined his fingers with Oliver's and Kara gave them a weird look.
"You sure you guys even want to change this reality back to the way it were? You don't seem to be in a rush." Kara asked with another chuckle.
  Barry blushed and quickly let go of Oliver's hand again. Why did I even take his hand in the first place? Get a grip, Barry.
"Yeah, we must really fix this because I think whoever created this new timeline is playing mind games with us." Oliver sighed deeply and stopped and crossed his arms over his chest. "Unless it's not just you treating this as a joke like you do with everything." he said with a frustrated voice directed at Barry.
"I'm sorry for not being a jerk like you." Barry said and threw a nasty glance at Oliver. Kara quickly abandoned them as their lover's spat continued and she joined her cousin and Lois on the porch of the house. Barry was about to go and join them but Oliver yelled after him.
"That's it? You're just gonna run away from an argument just like you run away from everything else." Oliver said and his sharp words made Barry turn around again.
  "You're just trying to get a rise out of me, but it's not gonna work." Barry said and didn't want to meet his gaze because he didn't want to show how bad Oliver's insults made him feel.
"Why? Can't you not do anything without your wife in your ear." Oliver asked furiously.
  Barry's jaw dropped. "Are you serious? Felicity invented quarterbacking!" he yelled back at him. He could hear his own voice drip with jealousy and some anger.
"I bet you can't go more than three hours without some sappy motivational speech." Oliver shouted and pointed angrily at him and it affected Barry enough for him to take off his ring.
  "Alright, I'm not doing this anymore." he said and dropped the ring on the grass. "I don't understand how I can be married to you in any reality." he continued and ran off without even looking back at Oliver. I don't know what would be worse, seeing the hurt on his face or watching him take of his ring as well. Barry thought while he ran up to the house.