1. T Is For Trauma

Day 1

Fierce waves crash against the smooth sides of the boat. The storm is raging on just as strong as it had been for the past several hours, and you still see no signs of it dying down. As you reside in your small cabin, you listen to the soft rock playing from your radio, and focus on the game of Solitaire in front of you. Your crossword puzzle book had long since been completed, and your sudoku book had gotten boring.

The boat rocks violently once again, and you narrow your eyes in annoyance as the radio starts playing static. Some shouts from the room just down the hall from yours draws your attention away from your game, and you stand up to walk over to your door.

"Y/n! You okay in there? I think we hit something!" Carter knocks at your door, and you furrow your brow in concern. You slide on a long-sleeved shirt over your tank top, and check your fur-lined leggings, before slipping on your sneakers while grabbing the doorknob. Opening the door, you peek out into the hall, where a couple of your friends are gathered watching the storm from the portholes on the side opposite of the rooms.

"I thought there was supposed to be nothing but open sea out here." The boat begins to tilt dramatically to the stern, and Marnie, who's wearing fuzzy socks, slides a couple feet down the hallway.

"Well shit."

In a flash, everyone is scrambling to their rooms, trying to grab what supplies they can to bring to the lifeboats. You manage to grab your snack bag, a warm blanket and a first aid kit from your small closet, before hurrying out of your room towards the deck. Water immediately soaks through your thin shirt and tanktop, making you cold and damp as you blink the droplets out of your eyes to see your surroundings. Carter and Travis are already throwing emergency supplies into the first lifeboat, while Marnie, Keyla and Bob are lifting the second into the water.

You scramble towards Carter and Travis, throwing your stuff into the boat and helping them push it off the side of the boat. The rain patters down stronger then ever, and you can vaguely make out your other three crewmates jumping down into the boat as the stern dips further into the water.

"So much for an easy trip home from our vacation am I right?" Travis masks his fear with a joke as he readies himself to jump, and you look back towards the stairs to the cabins.

"Where're Frederick and Ian?" The third lifeboat is already gone, and as Carter pulls you to jump into the first lifeboat, you see a faint light about twenty feet away from the sinking boat that must be the last two men in the third lifeboat. As you watch the faint light, and hear Marnie shouting to the two men to paddle towards your two lifeboats, a large wave rocks their lifeboat, and Frederick, who was standing up, stumbles over the edge.

Ian yells out his brothers name over the fierce winds, and Marnie's group starts to paddle towards the boy being swept away by a strong current. Your eyes widen as he comes up for air, coughing and gasping in breaths while trying to swim to the closest lifeboat, which happens to be yours now, due to the current dragging him along. Travis and Carter reach over the side of the lifeboat, both trying desperately to grab a hold of their friend, but Frederick goes down again, and is lost beneath the waves.

 Travis and Carter reach over the side of the lifeboat, both trying desperately to grab a hold of their friend, but Frederick goes down again, and is lost beneath the waves