5. A Deal With The Devil Goes South

Day 752

"Four." Slade's disappointed voice to your left makes you snicker as you watch Oliver struggle at doing pullups, and finally drop down.

"I'm more of a runner." The blonds excuse makes you scoff as you roll your shoulders and get back down onto the floor to finish your sit-ups. But the moment Slade jumps off his seat and jogs over to the beam the two men are using for pullups, you find yourself distracted by his form.

Of course he has to be running around shirtless. His toned torso makes you stare, but before you can get caught, you clear your throat and shake your head.

Stop that right now. None of those thoughts please.

Slade easily starts doing pullups, the sounds he makes, make your face flush as you try your hardest to focus on your own task.

Stupid hot man and his stupid hot voice

"Why the sudden desire to work out?"

"What else is there to do?"

You still can't get over his voice. As the two men talk, you find yourself doing less and less sit-ups, until you're finally just laying there watching them.

"We could try to think of another way off the island." Oliver's tone is accusing as he looks up to Slade doing his pullups, and you find yourself agreeing with him as he voices his opinion.

"There is no other way." The Australian shoots him down quickly. "If there was, I would've found it." Sweat glistens on his chest and back as Slade continues his workout, and you finally give up. Letting your eyes wander as they please.

"We can't just sit here, and wait for Fiers to come and kill us."

"I have to agree with him. I'd rather not die after living so long." Your insert into the conversation is mostly ignored, but Oliver does stand a little straighter, knowing that he has your support.

"I did have one idea." Slade's voice is breathless as he drops down from the bar, and you quickly stand up from your spot on the floor. "If you go into the forest, and gather as much bamboo as you can find," he pauses, glancing over to you for a moment, and Oliver pipes up in interest.

"Yeah?"

"We could built ourselves a boat. Like they did on Gilligan's island."

The two men stand in silence at Slade's idea, and you find yourself subconsciously moving towards the door. "I'm down. When do we start?"

Day 756

"So we're still not gonna make the boat ourselves?"

"Stop talking. We're almost there." Slade nudges your side, and you wrinkle your nose in annoyance as Oliver snickers.

A few meters ahead, you're able to see the soldiers and Fiers approaching at last. Yao Fei is there as well. Or at least you assume that's who the Japanese man without a mask is. Oliver visibly stiffens at the sight of his former friend, and you step closer to him supportively.

"Gentlemen. Welcome. Who's our new lady friend?" Fiers and his men stop a few feet away, and you tighten your grip on the knife Slade had given you. "So happy we were able to reach a truce."