7. Cold Nights And A Hot Australian

Day 786

The blond's back hits the dirt again as you flip him over your shoulder, and you grin victoriously as he groans.

"Why do you take so much pleasure in throwing me around?" Oliver pushes himself back up, and Shado snickers from the sidelines as she watches him have his ass handed to him for the third time in a row.

"Because it embarrasses you, Ollie." You reach out to shake his hand, but he pulls you forwards while sticking out one foot to shove your legs out from under you. With a yelp of surprise, you hit the sandy soil hard and spit out some dirt. "That was a dirty move Queen!" You both laugh as you lunge back up and tackle him to the ground. The two of you roll around wrestling in the dirt for a couple of minutes before you finally put him in an unyielding arm lock. Shoving his face towards the ground, and blowing the hair out of your face and feel a stupid smile stretching your face.

"Uncle! Okay, you win! Uncle already!" Oliver taps the ground furiously, and you release him as he coughs and rubs his sore shoulder. The two of you sit there on the ground for a while, catching your breath and trying to brush most of the dirt off of yourselves.

"What the hell happened here kid?"

Slade's voice from behind the two of you makes you stifle a yelp, and Oliver bursts out into more laughter at your reaction as you swat the back of his head.

"He lost is what happened." It's been a month since Oliver killed Fiers, and now, the four of you have nothing better to do then train and mess around as you wait for a way off the island.

Slade rolls his eyes in amusement as the two of you stumble to your feet, and Shado clears her throat as she moves to stand from her spot on a tree stump.

"I'm going to catch us dinner." She quickly leaves to grab the bow and a few arrows, and you offer a distracted wave as Slade approaches you and Oliver.

His eyes are focused on your leg, and you find yourself looking down as well, curious as to what he seems so interested in. Your gaze finds the dirty gauze around your calf, and you wince as you realize you'll have to change it again to keep your injury from getting infected.

With a shake of his head, Slade beckons for you to follow him, while Oliver just stands there waiting for something to do. "I'll just wait here then I guess."

Meanwhile, in the plane, Slade is unwrapping the bandages from your calf, and leaning back for you to run the damp rag over the wound. His sharp blue eyes follow your slow movements, and one of his hands twitches forwards to take the rag from you as you finish.

"Might as well just go to the lake and wash off completely right?" You stand up without wrapping your leg and grab the roll of gauze as well as the knife to cut it.

"Be back before the sun sets, and be careful." He doesn't stop you, choosing to get out of your way and let you leave. Turning away from you, Slade heads back out to where Oliver is practicing with a knife, and you watch quietly as the Australian man leaves the plane.

~A few hours later~

"Was nighttime always this cold?" The cool night air makes you shiver as you press your back against Shado's. She doesn't seem bothered by the cold air, but she also doesn't seem to mind the extra warmth you provide as your body presses close to hers. Shado turns to face you, and you welcome her arms around you as you try to stop shivering.

"Sorry." You whisper as quietly as you can to not bother the two men also inside the plane, but Oliver and Slade are already fast asleep. Or at least you thought so.

"Alright, that's enough. Y/n get over here." From somewhere to your left, Slade's rough voice makes you freeze, and you abruptly stop shivering.

"Am I in trouble? What did I do?"

Shado releases you with a sleepy murmur as you voice your questions, and she rolls back over, falling asleep almost immediately.

"Just get over here."

His stern voice makes you tremble, partly in fear, but mostly because you're still cold. Lifting the blanket off of yourself, you squint in the darkness to find Slade's sitting form a couple of meters away. He beckons you over, and you glance longingly at you and Shado's blankets before padding over to him, avoiding making any noise.

The moment you're in reach, Slade reaches out and grasps your wrist firmly. He tugs you forwards, spinning you around as you let out a surprised squeak, and sits you in his lap. With a deep sigh, he leans the two of you over to lay down, and he pulls his blanket over the two of you.

"From now on you sleep here." Slade's arm is heavy on your waist as he rests his chin against the top of your head, and you feel a heavy blush settling over your face as your brain catches up to what just happened.

I'M IN BED WITH SLADE FUCKING WILSON HOLY SHIT

Your face is unbearably warm as you feel the Australians firm chest pressing against your back, and his steady breathing makes you feel sleepy. As comfortable as this is, you find yourself wondering how far you can push this.

"Stop thinking so hard and sleep. You have training in the morning." Slade's quiet order makes you stifle a laugh. As if you could sleep with his delicious body pressed so close to yours. You can practically feel the outline of his abs as he breathes! You're already starting to feel warm and fuzzy as you cherish this moment, hoping that he wasn't joking about you sleeping by him every night here.

Cursing your giant crush on the man, you squeeze your eyes shut as you feel his hand find yours, and his thumb starts to rub slow circles on your palm. The sensation of his skin on yours, paired with his steady breathing against your hair, almost makes you forget how cold you were before, and for the first time in months, you manage to slip into a pleasant dream.